Author Topic: Can anyone recommend a Zwave compatible blind?  (Read 808 times)

Offline bloodvette

Can anyone recommend a Zwave compatible blind?
« on: May 08, 2017, 03:41:12 am »
So I would like to install 3 seperate motorized blinds all controllable by my Vera Edge running UI7. I don't want to reinvent the wheel here. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what manufacturer to go with for a blind with motorized slats. don't necessarily need them to raise or lower, more interested in the (lets say) 2" slats being able to vary from 0-100% open.

I've come across Bali blinds and Graber Blinds which look like they can do the trick and found a very informative youtube video on the inclusion process.

Thanks for any help
John

Offline timtownsend

Re: Can anyone recommend a Zwave compatible blind?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 03:02:13 pm »
About 2 months ago I got a Graber Z-wave shade for one window. I'm able to control it from my Vera Plus - I added it as "generic Z-wave device" but it appears as a window covering. There is one annoying problem, it frequently says "device not responding" and then "device responding again".

I also bought an Everspring ST815 Z-wave light sensor, which I have also set up in Vera, I'm currently setting up light-based control of the shade, it looks promising.

Offline nickunknown

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 06:17:16 am »
I have Qubino Flush Shutter. Works with no problems

Offline gregreid

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 02:26:16 pm »
The current iteration of the Bali AutoView blinds (from blinds.com) also work well with Z-wave +.  They and the Graber blinds (mentioned earlier) use motors and controllers from Springs Window Fashions, who in turn use Somfy motors as their supplier.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 05:19:46 am »
About 2 months ago I got a Graber Z-wave shade for one window. I'm able to control it from my Vera Plus - I added it as "generic Z-wave device" but it appears as a window covering. There is one annoying problem, it frequently says "device not responding" and then "device responding again".

I also bought an Everspring ST815 Z-wave light sensor, which I have also set up in Vera, I'm currently setting up light-based control of the shade, it looks promising.

Under the settings tab, change the polling frequency to 0. It should fix this problem...
127 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 256 devices, 17 apps, 128 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline majorcuddles

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 09:11:48 pm »
I can't recommend the Lutron Serena shades enough. (Battery powered). They regularly have 20% sales, great fit guarantees, and provide free controllers on bulk orders. Their controllers can be accessed through Vera pretty easily.

Truth in lending:
I have 5x roller shades
I have 3x honeycomb shades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ehillis

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 08:44:10 am »
I have several window coverings from zwavemotors.com and all work great and are very reliable. They are true z-wave and everything is built into the motor. Now looking into replacing the motors in the Hunter-Douglas blinds (9) with these motors instead of controlling them with wall-wart  remotes plugged into z-wave receptacles. Vendor is assisting and feels it will work for us.

Offline wilme2

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 10:33:15 am »
I can't recommend the Lutron Serena shades enough. (Battery powered). They regularly have 20% sales, great fit guarantees, and provide free controllers on bulk orders. Their controllers can be accessed through Vera pretty easily.

Via a bridge + plug-in?
Long Live UI5!