Author Topic: Video doorbells  (Read 506 times)

Offline joaomanuelfernandes

Video doorbells
« on: May 08, 2017, 09:42:55 am »
Hi all.
Need your help and expertise.
I need a wireless video ring doorbell. Problem is the cost. So i thought on having a mixed solution. A wireless IP camera, a doorbell and imperihome on a tablet. What i wanted to do is doorbell rings, camera goes on and image appears on imperihome. I saw Honeywell doorbells. Can they integrate with Vera Plus? Are they by any chance recognised?

Offline Cor

Re: Video doorbells
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 11:43:35 am »
Do some search on this forum.  There are a couple of solutions. 
A good one is using a universal sensor from fibaro.

Cor

Offline TDehnke

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 04:22:35 pm »
The doorbell solution has been around for a long time, Ring and a few others have refined the solution and made it a lot cheaper and easier to use. I suggest spending the money and getting a good compatible doorbell solution if you need one rather than reinventing the wheel, you will be a lot more happy in the long run.

Offline Albert1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 04:14:16 pm »
Hi all.
Need your help and expertise.
I need a wireless video ring doorbell. Problem is the cost. So i thought on having a mixed solution. A wireless IP camera, a doorbell and imperihome on a tablet. What i wanted to do is doorbell rings, camera goes on and image appears on imperihome. I saw Honeywell doorbells. Can they integrate with Vera Plus? Are they by any chance recognised?
Doorbird does all of that and can be integrated with Vera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk