Author Topic: ERROR: Z-Wave network failed to go into learn mode  (Read 922 times)

Offline SmartCookie

ERROR: Z-Wave network failed to go into learn mode
« on: May 09, 2017, 05:49:48 am »
Hi

I have a new VeraEdge and I'm trying to setup some devices, but I keep getting the below error:
ERROR: Z-Wave network failed to go into learn mode. Please wait 1 minute and try again

Any suggestions?

Offline mcv.bogdanf

• Steering Box Fanclub
  • Administrator
  • Did you change the oil ?
Re: ERROR: Z-Wave network failed to go into learn mode
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 10:41:17 am »
Contact the Vera Customer Care team by sending an email to support@getvera.com .
They will sort it out.

Thank you!

Offline chuck1026

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 05:33:43 pm »
I just had an Intermatic device drop out. I excluded it fine, but when I went to re-include it I got "Add/Remove : ERROR: Z-Wave network failed to go into learn mode. Please wait 1 minute and try again."

Rebooted VeraPlus and no change.

Went so far as to back up the network, factory data reset and reload the network. Same issue.

I reached out to Tech at 9pm last night and they did something... at 5am, 1/3 of my devices vanished and my scenes were missing triggers and devices. I asked for an update via e-mail. 6 hours later, no improvement and  Crickets. So I wrote back and said I was locking down remote access from them and restoring VP myself. Now I'm hoping it's just the device. I ordered a Leviton to replace it this weekend.

I'll write back... but one thing is true. Make sure YOU back up everything before you make a change or before you let Vera Tech into your Vera.

Suffering with UI7 / VeraPlus.... Hoping to turn a corner soon.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 08:19:26 pm »
My old CT30 thermostat would knock out my z-wave network once a week until I finally figured out the source. No problems since February with the new CT101.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline pls90

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 01:37:54 pm »

I reached out to Tech at 9pm last night and they did something... at 5am, 1/3 of my devices vanished and my scenes were missing triggers and devices. I asked for an update via e-mail. 6 hours later, no improvement and  Crickets. So I wrote back and said I was locking down remote access from them and restoring VP myself. Now I'm hoping it's just the device. I ordered a Leviton to replace it this weekend.

same thing now happend to me. Did you manage to get it working again?