Author Topic: ID Lock and vera  (Read 756 times)

Offline jonrod

ID Lock and vera
« on: May 10, 2017, 04:00:13 pm »
Hi I have been looking at the ID lock 101 (http://www.idlock.se/) to use with my vera plus.
Is anyone here using it and are you happy with it?

What can you do with the lock from the vera? (and how much manual configuring/programming is needed)
lock/unlock I assume?
See lock-status?
add/delete new codes?
see what code was used to unlock?
Trigger some scene/action when the door is unlocked depending on code used?
more?

please share you experience if you have an id lock 101!
BR
Jonas

Offline TDehnke

• Sr. Newbie
Re: ID Lock and vera
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 10:40:34 am »
I don?t know anything about the lock 101 and I have not used the product, is this company known for making locks? Some of the Schlage?s locks do the same thing as the lock 101. One of the big problems is I have with these style of locks is when the battery dies in them how do you get in to your house? If a lock?s throw pin/bolt binds even a little (because the building has shifted) when opening or closing the lock you will go through a lot of batteries. Temperature shifting from warm to cold when the batteries are low are also often the cause of a lot of people getting locked out. So when looking for these types of locks I prefer that they have a key option as well rather than using a 9v battery to open the door when the batteries die in the lock.

Schlage
http://www.schlage.com/en/home/products/products-connected-devices.html

Offline jonrod

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 12:49:18 pm »
I don't think schlage have any locks with  z-wave for europe (868mhz)? Same with yale..

Are there any other lock's that work in europe with z-wave??? anyone knows?

Offline Lgxml

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 01:02:12 pm »
Hi

i have this lock with Vera plus, for the moment i can
*unlock/lock with app and web and i can se lock status
*add scene to lock door (work) but with some limitations
*Notification when lock/unlock
this is what i have for now find work with vera
the pdf funskjonsmatriseidlock say RFID, that one i cant get to work

but this lock is not yet supported by vera
this can be a help to https://www.intin.no/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/funskjonsmatriseidlock-1.pdf

Offline jswim788

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 02:06:54 pm »
I don't think schlage have any locks with  z-wave for europe (868mhz)? Same with yale..

Are there any other lock's that work in europe with z-wave??? anyone knows?
Look on the zwave alliance page.  Doesn't mean these are available, but at least you know what to search for:

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/regions/1/categories/6/products

Offline Lgxml

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 06:43:59 am »
How long does it take for vera to add new product http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/2293 to there system to get full support and functions.

Offline Obsidian

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 02:55:36 pm »
I have 2x of this lock. The lock itselves works very good, but the Vera support could be better. I can see status, and open/lock the door. If i press open, the lock automaticly locks the door After 10 sec if someone have not open the door physicly.
The lock use more batteries than specified, I probably changes batteries every 3 months.

Offline Lgxml

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 03:20:20 pm »
about the batteries i have note the same,  A bit better when I followed this advice http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=47544.0

hope vera fix the support of this lock

Offline jonrod

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 02:07:30 pm »
Asked vera-support about the integration of ID Lock and got the following answer:

We are already in discussions with ID Lock for correctly integrating into the Vera unit and we also have the sample. But due to the particularities of this lock, it might take a while until full integration will be achieved, so I?m sorry to tell you but it will take more than a few months, starting from now, to have it integrated into Vera.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 03:24:54 pm »
It is a nice looking lock but if support says months, I would think it will be more like years. Their website did not offer other languages, which tells me limited distribution of the product and therefore limited folks wanting to use this product with Vera.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline Lgxml

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 05:03:49 pm »
I guess its time to lock for a another controller  :(

Offline quackpack

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 03:17:24 am »
I have had my lock for about 1 year now and as mentioned before you can right now with Vera: Add Pin, Door Status (open/closed) and Lock/UnLock door.

ID lock told me they had "full" Z-Wave support. That might be true, and they also sent a lock to Vera support as mentioned in this thread before as well and this was more than a year now at least.
I have not seen any new progress and I asked ID Lock again about it last month, but they just responded that they are waiting for Vera.. :(

The lock is working great, looks great on the door and does the basics. So I would recommend it, but if you are looking to do more like me, ie Arm/Unarm the lock when a special user adds their code or would like to trigger some event when door is locked form inside etc you will have to wait...

Offline Lgxml

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 03:26:23 pm »
I have had my lock for about 1 year now and as mentioned before you can right now with Vera: Add Pin, Door Status (open/closed) and Lock/UnLock door.

how did you add pin code to work, and can you change pin code with phone app, and can you se if door is open or close (door satus). I can only se if its Lock/unlock
and its no good that we have to wait so long for vera support for this lock, because of that i wait to buy more z wave products.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 03:30:28 pm by Lgxml »

Offline Stiansen

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 03:53:49 pm »
Hi

Just got it up and running. Very pleased with the lock but not much functionality in vera. This will come with updates, just hope it happens soon

Have one problem though. When the door is locked and I unlock it, it does that. However, it then automatically locks it again after a couple of seconds. I have turned of automatic lock.

Any encountered this?

Offline Lgxml

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 05:27:40 pm »
However, it then automatically locks it again after a couple of seconds. I have turned of automatic lock.

Any encountered this?

if you dont open the door after you unlock it, it go back to lock again