Author Topic: ID Lock and vera  (Read 4064 times)

Offline eskil.krag

Re: ID Lock and vera
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 04:20:51 pm »
Has anyone had any luck configuring PIN codes to the lock from Vera?

I can only get it to work by adding the PIN codes on the lock itself and I am limited to one master PIN code and one additional user PIN code, so everyone in the family shares the same and no option to set up a temporary PIN code for the occasional visitor (janitor or similar).

Offline Thorden

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 04:23:59 am »
How is your experience with ID Lock and Vera so far?

I am looking to get ID Lock 150, but only if I can make it work properly with Vera.

One important functionality I need is that Vera detects the "Away mode" from the lock. This is the only way I can use it to arm/disarm the alarm, as the lock does not report differently if it is locked from the outside or the inside. I don't want to arm the alarm when it is locked from the inside, obviously. And I don't want a separate keypad for the alarm system, we are into automation, right?  ;)

Would really appreciate it if any of you with experience could comment on this.

Thank you!

Offline kellerman

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 05:54:16 am »
I'm not sure how you mean by "detecting" the "Away" mode?
But you could create a scene that checks for an entered PIN on the ID Lock...and change your house mode accordingly.

I use mine to disarm my sensors and cameras and changing the house mode to "Home" when certain PIN codes are entered. But for arming, I use an Aeotec Wallmote.
But both arm/disarm are triggering scenes that take care of my logic.

Offline Thorden

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2018, 08:16:19 am »
But you could create a scene that checks for an entered PIN on the ID Lock...and change your house mode accordingly.

I use mine to disarm my sensors and cameras and changing the house mode to "Home" when certain PIN codes are entered. But for arming, I use an Aeotec Wallmote.

When the lock is set to "Away" mode by entering the pin after locking, it will change parameter 1 to "Enable Away" (value 2 or 3) and then send a status report to the controller. Is Vera able to pick this up? If it can, this could trigger the "Arm Alarm" scene. That is what I am looking for.

Checking for PIN will only be for open action, not close, right? So I can't arm the alarm system based on it, correct? It will of course solve the disarm alarm scene, so that is good!

I don't use house modes, I find them useless for security devices. Changing the mode will arm/disarm sensors no matter what state they are in (tripped/untripped). So if a motion detector is tripped or a door/window is open when you switch mode, it will trigger the alarm immediately. Instead, I have dedicated, scripted scenes for alarm functionality that takes care of this.

What I need is a trigger for my "Arm Alarm" scene from the door lock. A button will of course work too, not a bad idea. Thanks! 

Offline kellerman

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2018, 01:54:55 pm »
Well...if you use the House mode statuses...you could achieve this ;)

I do my logic like:
  if PIN entered and house mode set to away -> then disarm

You could do:
  if PIN entered and house mode set to home -> then arm

When the lock is set to "Away" mode by entering the pin after locking, it will change parameter 1 to "Enable Away" (value 2 or 3) and then send a status report to the controller. Is Vera able to pick this up? If it can, this could trigger the "Arm Alarm" scene. That is what I am looking for.

Checking for PIN will only be for open action, not close, right? So I can't arm the alarm system based on it, correct? It will of course solve the disarm alarm scene, so that is good!

I don't use house modes, I find them useless for security devices. Changing the mode will arm/disarm sensors no matter what state they are in (tripped/untripped). So if a motion detector is tripped or a door/window is open when you switch mode, it will trigger the alarm immediately. Instead, I have dedicated, scripted scenes for alarm functionality that takes care of this.

What I need is a trigger for my "Arm Alarm" scene from the door lock. A button will of course work too, not a bad idea. Thanks!

Offline Thorden

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2018, 02:52:01 am »

I do my logic like:

You could do:

Thanks! I am sure I can achieve the same without using house modes, just use a virtual switch for instance. As I said, house modes doesn't work if you let it arm/disarm sensors. I prefer to script scenes instead for better control. It could obviously be combined, I will look into it.

Could you please explain how you get the PIN information from the ID Lock?   
How do you change house modes, using an app?

Could you please also check if you can read and watch the configuration parameter 1 in the lock?
It will change depending on lock status, so if Vera receives this information, I guess the variable could be watched for status changes.
If parameter 1 is either 0 or 1, the lock status is "Disable away"
If parameter 1 is either 1 or 2, the lock status is "Enable away" This happens if PIN is entered after door is locked.
The lock will send this status to the controller when it changes. The question is if Vera receives this correctly. Could you please check?

Thanks!

Offline kellerman

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2018, 03:46:54 am »
I use it in a scene, where the lock is the device trigger. I've attached an image of the different triggers you can use for the lock in a scene.
I change the house mode in the scenes through luup actions and this sets the native Vera house mode (which you see on the dahboard in the Vera app). I also use the "House mode" plugin which adds a device that you could use in scenes to check or change your house mode.

I'll see if I can add a watch to the variable you described. So I'll get back to you on that :)

I do my logic like:

You could do:

Thanks! I am sure I can achieve the same without using house modes, just use a virtual switch for instance. As I said, house modes doesn't work if you let it arm/disarm sensors. I prefer to script scenes instead for better control. It could obviously be combined, I will look into it.

Could you please explain how you get the PIN information from the ID Lock?   
How do you change house modes, using an app?

Could you please also check if you can read and watch the configuration parameter 1 in the lock?
It will change depending on lock status, so if Vera receives this information, I guess the variable could be watched for status changes.
If parameter 1 is either 0 or 1, the lock status is "Disable away"
If parameter 1 is either 1 or 2, the lock status is "Enable away" This happens if PIN is entered after door is locked.
The lock will send this status to the controller when it changes. The question is if Vera receives this correctly. Could you please check?

Thanks!

Offline Thorden

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2018, 07:24:06 am »
Thanks, kellerman!

Do you have any logic that sets the house mode to away or home, based on an event or anything?

I know how to do this in scenes and all that, I just don't haven't found a good event that should trigger it. Besides the alarm getting armed of course, and that is what I currently use.
So the event is that the door is locked with a key, I have a binary sensor that detects it. Old fashioned analog lock with a wire to the sensor.
Locking triggers arming of the alarm, which sets my house status based on armed mode of the alarm, could be night too. 

My challenge is that all this goes away with an electronic lock, so I need to find another way. Tried the geofencing functionality in Vera for house mode switching, but it is useless. Obviously a switch to away mode could do it, but how does that happen? That is the trick question. :)

Since I am into automation, I would like to avoid pressing buttons and starting up apps just to lock the door and arm the bloody alarm, it should be one single task that is easier than using the key. :)
Picking up the Away state from the ID Lock would be a good way to do it!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 04:31:59 pm by Thorden »

Offline kellerman

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2018, 03:15:15 pm »
You're welcome Thorden :)

Nope! Not at the moment. I only change it manually from my alarm panel and the PIN entering.

I understand your frustration. The more you automate the less you want to do manually :)
I've investigated the variable "Door lock mode" but I can't seem to add a watch to it. It's not present among the standard variables under the "Advanced" options. And as far as I know you are only able to watch the predefined variables, which should be these http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_UPnP_Variables_and_Actions#DoorLock1
I know that you can add variables, but that's only for setting them manually...as far as I know.

So I don't think it is possible to watch that variable unfortunately.

Offline Thorden

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2018, 04:45:12 pm »
Thank you, Kellerman, much appreciated!  :)

I think you pointed me to what could be a solution.

If you can trigger a scene when a PIN is entered, that might be all that is needed, both for arming and disarming. So the solution could be very simple.
If you close the door and lock it by touching the lock panel, then enter a PIN, I guess Vera will catch both events (door lock then PIN entered). That is in fact the unique pattern of putting the lock in Away mode, right? If so, Vera could then arm the alarm, or switch house mode to away, or something.

I don't know what the timeout would be for the ID lock to wait for a PIN after locking, but it should be sufficient. Then the next PIN code (without a prior lock event) could just disarm the alarm or switch house mode to home. What do you think, could it work?

Offline kellerman

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 04:52:16 pm »
Yep! I think that could be a possible solution to your "problem" :)
Good luck!