Author Topic: using LUUP for switch in scene to countdown and shut switch off  (Read 382 times)

Offline henryiii

I have no experience with coding.
I have added a Vera Plus to my control units. I am attempting to create scenes I can activate to turn a bathroom fan on, count down, then the scene will shut it off when the countdown reaches 0. I have three bathrooms in the house. My family has difficulty remembering to shut them off after the fog or moisture has cleared. I don't want them running all day. So I want several scenes that can be activated to run the fan as need then shut the fan off. Toilet use, 10 minutes then off. Shower 20 minutes, then off. Bath 60 minutes, then off. Is this something a scene can perform? If not, can you recommend another user that could help?

Thank you.

Offline jswim788

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: using LUUP for switch in scene to countdown and shut switch off
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 04:35:53 pm »
I agree PLEG makes the programming much easier. 

You may want to add a humidistat in each bathroom. In this way, Vera can turn it off when humidity is lowered to the desired level.

A humidistat in a central part of the house (if not part of the thermostat) gives you the ability to run the fan until you get to the house RH so it does not run all day trying to reach a level that is impossible for the conditions.

With the Weatherunderground plug-in, you can even account for outdoor humidity (make up air for the exhausted air will likely come from outside) so, again, your target RH is something reasonable. 
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline henryiii

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 05:05:30 pm »
Thank you both for the suggestions. I will attempt to create the scenes with the plug in.

Offline kwieto

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 04:06:37 pm »
I did a scene for such purpose using temperature/humidity sensor as an reference.
If humidity goes above certain level AND the temperature is above certain value, then the fan is turned on.
If humidity OR temperature drops below certain level, the fan stops.

The temperature factor is added because I don't want to cool bathroom too much in winter.

The fan is connected to the dimmer, so I also implemented a simple logic to adjust its speed depending on humidity level.