Author Topic: Vera Plus and Arizona timezone  (Read 343 times)

Offline leedavidr

Vera Plus and Arizona timezone
« on: May 15, 2017, 07:41:42 am »
When I set up my Vera Plus at our secondary home in Arizona, I was prompted to select a time zone and noticed that Vera had not only a Mountain Time Zone but an Arizona Time Zone.  For those who don't know, Arizona doesn't use daylight savings time, so in the winter the state it is on the same time as the rest of Mountain Standard Time (one hour different from Central Standard Time where my primary residence is).  However, when the country switches to daylight savings time, Arizona doesn't, basically putting it on Pacific Daylight Savings Time or just Mountain Standard Time when the rest of that time zone is on Mountain Daylight Savings Time (that places Arizona two hours different from Central Daylight Time).  So I anticipated that the Arizona Time Zone would take this into account, but it didn't seem to.  My Vera control lights were coming on and going off an hour earlier than expected while we were there for 2 weeks in the middle of March (after the country had switched to daylight savings time)  So I switched the time zone in the set up menu to Pacific Daylight Savings Time and will then need to switch it back to MST when we fall back from daylight savings time.  Has anyone else experienced this?  And shouldn't Vera be able to take care of this bug in their time zone system?  Maybe I am expecting too much.  Thanks for any help out there.

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: Vera Plus and Arizona timezone
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 09:15:44 am »
I would suggest to email this to support@getvera.com as the fix should be an easy one and be incorporated in a new firmware.

BTW, you lucky dog, I wish Florida would get smart and get rid of EDT as well...
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline leedavidr

Re: Vera Plus and Arizona timezone
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 12:00:27 pm »
I apparently jumped gun on this one, as I switched my settings this morning to Arizona Mountain Time Zone and it maintained the two hour difference between CDT and MST.  So maybe Vera fixed it or maybe  I hallucinated it ( but I swear my lights were turning on an hour early when we were there on late March after daylight savings time had gone into effect).