Author Topic: We need a "getting started" sticky topic here  (Read 238 times)

Offline gregreid

• Sr. Newbie
We need a "getting started" sticky topic here
« on: May 16, 2017, 09:45:33 am »
I've just installed the VeraAlerts plugin and the Vera Alerts app for my Android phone.  I fumbled around with setting up a profile and sent a test message that got to my phone.  Yay.  I've also just paid for and registered it.

I'm looking for a PDF or somesuch to tell me how to use this thing to full advantage.  I can't find any "getting started" documentation in this forum.  And using the "Help" button from the VeraAlerts app tells me (after a looooong delay) that http://rts-services.com/Vera/Plugin/VeraAlerts can't be reached.  Indeed, rts-services.com has been down for several days or weeks.  :-(

It would be really nice to have a sticky topic in this forum to provide the documentation.

Thanks,
    Greg

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
Re: We need a "getting started" sticky topic here
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 06:10:21 pm »
I am working on a new ISP provider for my house ... any day now ...
Me and my neighbor will have our own tower with 50Mb service. I think it 10-15 Mb upload ... so that will limit the Web serving.

Not much for you city dwellers ... But my previously unreliable provider was 5Mb (Business Class Service) during the day ... and 28Kb in the evening when folks come home and start watching NetFlix.