Author Topic: Garage Door Help  (Read 378 times)

Offline venyv

Garage Door Help
« on: May 16, 2017, 05:40:27 pm »
Not sure if this is the best place to post this. If not let me know and I will close and move it. But I want to setup an alert on Vera to alert me if my Garage door is open after 8:00pm. What is the best way to do this?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
Re: Garage Door Help
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 05:59:10 pm »
You can use conditional logic program with a scene:

You could setup a scene that runs at 8:00 and conditionally exits if the door is closed:

See: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,18679.0.html

You can do this in PLEG  (Program Logic Event Generator).
See: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,21603.0.html

The same  person (Rex) wrote both writeups.
I am the author of PLEG ... if this is as complicated as your logic gets ... you can do this with scenes.
If you start wanting to do more sophisticated stuff ... you will want to look into PLEG.

Offline venyv

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 08:08:50 pm »
Thanks RichardTSchaefer, I am trying to do this with PLEG. Issue I was having was trying to figure out how to check the status. I do not mind writing code, not to familiar with LUA but I have google for that.

trying to do something like this
Timer set for 21:00 SMTWTFS
Code: [Select]
local dID = 16
local status = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "Status", dID)
if(status != 1){
// Send alert
}

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 08:15:15 pm »
Use PLEG. Here's how to setup the notification.  http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=13874.0

You should have no trouble adding a schedule as an additional condition.

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 07:27:21 am »
If you use a scene that just runs at 8:00pm you need to bear in mind that if it gets left open at 9:00pm it will not trigger.
Use Pleg to check between evening time and morning time (I am sure Richard can suggest best way for this).
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 09:18:18 pm »
I have a scene triggered by my garage door. It sends a notification that the door was opened and runs an iPhone check scene which sets the Home/Away house mode.

Personally, I would use PLEG to create a schedule, 8 pm until maybe 6 or 7 am, and a device property, garage door open. You then create a condition when the schedule is active, and the door is open, you send a notification.

You may have an issue spanning a day with the schedule so you can reverse the logic of the schedule. It can run from 6 or 7 am until 8 pm, and if false and door is opened, it would send a notification.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.