Author Topic: Controller offline? It's not!  (Read 432 times)

Offline wozzukes

• Sr. Newbie
Controller offline? It's not!
« on: May 18, 2017, 12:18:32 pm »
Is anyone else having issues with home.getvera.com or the Android app today?  I opened the app to check the state of something on my Vera Lite and it just said "Establishing connection..." and never connected.  So I went to home.getvera.com to log in that way, and that tells me my controller is offline.  I logged in to my pc at home via vnc and put in the local ip address and it pops up no problem.  So I opened a port to it to test out and am able to connect to it that way as well.  Under "Net & Wifi" in settings it says "Internet access is ok."  I verified with someone at home that all 3 lights are on and solid.  This was working fine yesterday and there have been no network/firewall changes in quite some time.  Anyone else having issues?

Offline d55m14

Re: Controller offline? It's not!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 12:20:47 pm »
Me too, same problem

Offline wozzukes

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 12:23:00 pm »
Thanks!  Good to know it is not just me or my device.  I guess I will open a support ticket and hope it gets fixed soon.

Offline mcv.bogdanf

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 02:42:42 pm »
We are experiencing an issue with one of our relay servers .
The controllers that are using vera-us-oem-relay12 as the primary relay server are affected by this problem.
Our sysadmins are doing their best to address this problem in a timely manner.

You can always check the status of our services, by going to https://status.getvera.com/ .

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by the service interruption.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:47:51 pm by mcv.bogdanf »

Offline vitmar

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 05:06:25 pm »
This year I've got a lot of notifications about the controller being offline, except for the time when it actually were offline, then I did not get a notification.

And many times I get two notifications. the First one say offline and the second one that come about one second later say online.
I monitor my network and the problem must be on the Vera servers, not on my Vera or Internet connection.

The notifications for devices are equally useless and unreliable.

I've even stopped contacting support because they always tell me to enable verbose logging, and when I did that on my Vera Lite, it broke the flash card and got bricked, so that wont happen again.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 07:40:14 pm »
We are experiencing an issue with one of our relay servers .
The controllers that are using vera-us-oem-relay12 as the primary relay server are affected by this problem.
Our sysadmins are doing their best to address this problem in a timely manner.

You can always check the status of our services, by going to https://status.getvera.com/ .

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by the service interruption.

FYI - you can sign up for e-mail alerts so you know if Vera is having server issues like this.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.