We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: [IGNORE]Is anyone controlling their pool heater via Vera?  (Read 3012 times)

Offline neilios

• Vacation Rental Automation
[IGNORE]Is anyone controlling their pool heater via Vera?
« on: December 01, 2010, 09:50:22 pm »
Sorry, I just found a thread on this at: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=3242.0

Please ignore this....

I know a few savvy VR owners that use the Proliphix systems for HVAC and pool/spa/hot water control (on/off) via the additional relay's that the units provide.

I've considered getting a z-wave dual-pole A/C relay and using that to turn the power on/off as needed - but have not gone too far down that road to start implementing it. For one, I'll probably need some outdoor switch so that the pump still runs when the heater is turned off - or have the appropriate wires moved.

I was wondering if anyone is already doing this, and if so, how? If you are not, then how would you do it if you had to?

Thanks,
Neil
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 10:20:25 pm by neilios »
My Network: [Vacation Home #1 - Vera v862, 1x Wayne Dalton], [Vacation Home #2 - Vera v862, 2x Wayne Dalton], Custom device & LUA code on each for remote thermostat operation for occupied/unoccupied and history upload to myvrzone.com DB.