Author Topic: Just added a Homeseer water valve  (Read 368 times)

Offline foghat

• Sr. Newbie
Just added a Homeseer water valve
« on: May 24, 2017, 11:03:56 pm »
Hi all,

Just added a homeseer water valve to my network - haven't actually installed the valve yet.

I added the device as a 'generic zwave device'.  It added fine and works fine, however on the app and web interface it shows as a light switch (bulb icon and on/off action).  Is there anyway to change the icon to something else and have the action read as opened/closed?

Thanks.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Re: Just added a Homeseer water valve
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 11:34:11 pm »
Hi all,

Just added a homeseer water valve to my network - haven't actually installed the valve yet.

I added the device as a 'generic zwave device'.  It added fine and works fine, however on the app and web interface it shows as a light switch (bulb icon and on/off action).  Is there anyway to change the icon to something else and have the action read as opened/closed?

Thanks.

In VERA no. In Homeseer yes.

In Vera The best way is to use a better app like imperihome. Then you can change icons and such as you please.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: Just added a Homeseer water valve
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 05:25:53 pm »
Try playing with categories and subcategories: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.