Author Topic: Wallmote swiping on Vera Plus  (Read 528 times)

Offline jensk

• Sr. Newbie
Wallmote swiping on Vera Plus
« on: June 04, 2017, 04:29:48 am »
Hi.

Have started a new thread because I dont want to clutter up the other thread with new questions.

Does anyone using association groups and have gotten the swiping to work on a Vera?

I have set it up but when using association group 3,5,7 or 9 I still cant get the swipe to work.

Anyone that can help me?

Offline jared13

Re: Wallmote swiping on Vera Plus
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 03:57:38 am »
I've tried with Vera Edge and gave up.  That was after updating the firmware and following Aeotec's instructions.  Couldn't get group associations to work and went to scene controller instead which works.

Offline jensk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 08:28:16 pm »
Hi jared13.

I have associations working for clicking. but swiping is not working.

I think I will write to Aeotec support and ask them.

/Jens

Offline jensk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 12:23:08 pm »
Hi jared13.

I am in touch with support and I try to figure out whatever it works.

Another thing. You wrote that you cant get the group associations to work. I have an idea what is wrong.
If you have paired the wallmote as secure device (With encryption REQ z wave plus) and you try to associate with a non secure (non encrypted (z-wave) device. My experience is that it does not work.
I have tried to associate button 1+2 to some zepato bulb2 encryptet lights and a Fibaro wall plug (Non secure) and if i pair the wall mote as secure, the two bulbs work, but not the plug and if I add the wallmote as non secure the wall plug works but not the bulbs :(

To add the wallmote as secure, you have to start pairing and press the back button twice in one second.
To add the wallmote as non secure, you have to start pairing and press the back button once.

When you use the scene version, the wallmote contact the controller and that will send a command to the other device, secure or not.

I have tested my wallmote with association and it works so far with short and long press, but not swipe.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards,
Jens

Offline PrincessCleavage

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 04:28:18 pm »
Anyone in Brisbane have a zwave stick I can use to flash my wallmote? Seems a bit of a waste buying a zwave stick only to flash this one device:-(
After flash how long has battery been lasting everyone?

Offline Quixote

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 03:46:14 pm »
Anyone in Brisbane have a zwave stick I can use to flash my wallmote? Seems a bit of a waste buying a zwave stick only to flash this one device:-(
After flash how long has battery been lasting everyone?

You may want to start another thread for your request -- this one seems to be on the topic of getting the swipe gestures to work with the device. Amazing that the hardware vendors haven't solved this problem yet. I was planning on buying 4 or 5, but #%$@ that if I won't even be able to use all of the features!
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person.

Offline PrincessCleavage

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 11:07:25 pm »
In that case I got the below response from vera support:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Vera Support.

Please know that in order to have the dimming functionality work, both devices have to support the same association group. I?ve checked the manual for the Aeon ZW098 and from what I could see, it only supports associations on groups 1 and 2. This means that it cannot be associated on group 3 in order to receive the dimming command from the wallmote.

In this case you could try to use scenes to set the dimming on the bulb to different levels from the wallmote.

Hope this information helps you.

Regards,

Offline Quixote

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 09:12:27 pm »
Thanks, but where does this leave us? Do we need to rally and get Aeotec to update their firmware to actually work properly?
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person.