Author Topic: Manually adding devices to VeraSecure  (Read 530 times)

Offline Luopo

Manually adding devices to VeraSecure
« on: June 08, 2017, 09:56:28 pm »
So I got it today and started adding some devices. I used the IOS app for the upstairs, but on the other side of my house, it just won't reach it. I read the one page instructions, but it doesn't mention anything other than pushing the buttons. How many can I include or exclude at one time and what indicator lights am I looking/waiting for? Any help would be appreciated.

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
Re: Manually adding devices to VeraSecure
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 04:47:03 pm »

Hello Luopo,

VeraSecure side buttons

In order to perform a inclusion/exclusion process, using the controller's side buttons you will to do as following:

Press Select until you see the Z-Wave light blinking ?> this means that you had selected the Z-Wave radio

Press Sync once. This will change the Z-Wave LED to blink slow ( like once per second ) ?> this means that your VeraSecure controller is into Inclusion Mode

Pressing Sync button one more time will change the Z-Wave LED to blink fast ( like twice per second ) ?> this means that your VeraSecure controller is into Exclusion Mode

Holding the Select button for 5 seconds. will take out the unit from Inclusion/Exclusion mode.

Note: When in Exclude mode, and you do the pairing procedure on the device side (sensors, switch, etc), on the Vera side, the Z-wave lights will flutter very fast for a second, when the device is picked up, as confirmation.

When in Include mode, and you do the pairing procedure on the device side (sensors, switch, etc), on the Vera side, the Z-wave lights will turn off completely for 1-2 minutes while the device is configuring, then comes back blinking slowly, ready to include the next device. You can repeat these steps as long as needed. But I suggest doing this in batches of 1-2 devices so you know which one is which, after you reconnect the unit.

In any case, if you have difficulties, don't hesitate to engage our customer care team as well.

John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline ckgan

Re: Manually adding devices to VeraSecure
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 11:29:09 am »
Wher can we find a link with instructions specificllly on the Verasecure? The pamphlet that came with device was absolutely useless when it comes to that.