Author Topic: in search of a thermostat that works with vera plus.  (Read 464 times)

Offline Franks

in search of a thermostat that works with vera plus.
« on: June 13, 2017, 10:21:43 am »
The Ac System is a standard heat pump system it was a new house this year and i was searching for a Thermostat and was wondering what you would buy.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: in search of a thermostat that works with vera plus.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 10:00:51 pm »
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline Nameless

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 01:10:50 pm »
The Ac System is a standard heat pump system it was a new house this year and i was searching for a Thermostat and was wondering what you would buy.
Do you have a humidifier or dehumidifier installed in your system? That can limit your options a bit. Not all thermostats work to control them.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 09:08:54 pm »
The CT101 reports humidity and it has a lot of terminals for other wires so it may be able to control a humidifier. The manual talks about humidifiers and dehumidifiers but I found no place an H or DH wire on the thermostat. https://www.lowes.com/campaign/iris/pdf/CT101_IBIE_18jun12_revised.pdf
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline Franks

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 10:40:08 am »
Do you have a humidifier or dehumidifier installed in your system? That can limit your options a bit. Not all thermostats work to control them.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

I don't that I know of

Yes ct101 is cheap enough to try and if it doesn't meet what I'm looking for I can upgrade later
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:45:36 am by Franks »

Offline bohemian

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 05:23:37 pm »
It's more money, but I'm really happy with the Ecobee3 both standalone and integrated with my VeraPlus. Works well.

Offline nicklate

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 11:04:09 pm »
does the CT101 work with Alexa / Echo dot?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 11:38:04 am »
You can buy a Z-Wave thermostat ... I have had one for years (I have a 2 stage Heat Pump with aux electric heat, but it also supports gas heat)

Offline Franks

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 05:31:30 pm »
ended up with ecobee, works great.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 01:36:14 pm »
does the CT101 work with Alexa / Echo dot?

I think if Alexa works with Vera, Alexa will control the CT101.