Author Topic: Updated firmware on my VeraLite. Now I cannot connect to it!  (Read 505 times)

Offline scottkeen

Help! I updated the firmware on my VeraLite and now I cannot connect to it. I've rebooted it several times, and still cannot connect -- it gets stuck on the main screen with the spinning circle for several minutes then eventually gives me an error message that the Luup engine took too long to load.

I can connect to it with SSH and login with root, but I don't know what to do after that.

Online Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: Updated firmware on my VeraLite. Now I cannot connect to it!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 06:12:14 pm »
Most people call support to get it going again. It is probably a memory issue. http://getvera.com/support/
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline scottkeen

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 06:20:19 pm »
I called support and "Cristina" was very helpful. She remote'd to my PC and ran Putty and WinSCP (which I already use) to find out what was wrong. My VeraLite was missing some files so she uploaded them to my desktop then copied them to the Vera with WinSCP.

It worked fine but when I rebooted the device, I was locked out of it again. I rebooted it again, and now it seems to be OK (we'll see).

If anyone is interested, the SSH command she ran to turn on logging to find out which files were missing:

Code: [Select]
root@MiOS_12345678:~# VerboseLogging.sh enable

And then to view the log files...

Code: [Select]
root@MiOS_12345678:~# tail -f /tmp/log.*

The log files showed several files missing, which she copied with WinSCP

Online Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 09:44:28 pm »
Glad they were able to help. I have had similar experiences when updating. Support is very responsive and can get you back on track.

If you have not already done so, make a backup, with z-wave. Sometimes you have to do a factory reset to get the new firmware working and when you restore from that backup, it normally works just fine. I have had to do this a couple of times because my Vera 3 does not have enough free memory for an update so I have to do a factory reset to free up memory then update the firmware.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.