Author Topic: AeoTec MultiSensor Gen 5 :: Tips/Suggestions?  (Read 334 times)

Offline gniknalu

AeoTec MultiSensor Gen 5 :: Tips/Suggestions?
« on: June 14, 2017, 10:36:23 pm »
Blowing up the boards with my questions - LOL

I'm looking for suggestions for how to get all of my AeoTec MultiSensors (Gen 5) to maintain contact with the VeraSecure. To help with the issue, I added a repeater in-between them. And, as I've added more devices and by virtue of additional Z-wave devices that also act as repeaters, there are many more around the house. But, on occasion, one or more will lose contact with the VeraSecure. Other than repeaters, are there any suggestions on how to prevent this? (These guys should be playing an important role for motion detection but they're kind of unreliable right now.)

Thanks!

Online Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: AeoTec MultiSensor Gen 5 :: Tips/Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 08:49:01 pm »
UI7 tends to have issues with battery z-wave devices.  I have 2 door sensors that Vera "can't detect device" from time to time but they work just fine. This has been widely reported on this forum.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline gniknalu

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 09:40:56 pm »
UI7 tends to have issues with battery z-wave devices.  I have 2 door sensors that Vera "can't detect device" from time to time but they work just fine. This has been widely reported on this forum.

These are new devices and their battery level is over 90% . . . .

Wondering if it is a polling issue - if increasing the frequency would do it . . . .In the past, I put it into debug and watched events as they took place. Maybe that's what needs to happen.

Online Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 09:56:44 pm »
Many have tried many things.  Here is my dashboard at the moment - it is my front door sensor that is not detected. An hour ago, it was my garage door sensor. An hour before that, all was fine.  And the devices work just fine. The garage door sensor is about 3' from Vera. No rhyme or reason and it has been doing this for a long time. My motion sensor, also battery, no error. My thermostat with a c-wire, and 3 switches - always work fine.

Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline JackTheMan18

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 10:19:23 am »
I also have issues with "can't detect device". However, this has been limited to AEON DSB04100-ZWUS .
See the following (since 2015!!!):
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,32024.msg323878.html#msg323878

I wonder why Vera has problems with AEON devices????

Offline gniknalu

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 12:47:17 pm »
I also have issues with "can't detect device". However, this has been limited to AEON DSB04100-ZWUS .
See the following (since 2015!!!):
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,32024.msg323878.html#msg323878

I wonder why Vera has problems with AEON devices????

I'm wondering if it is the polling intervals? If I had time I'd turn on verbose logging and monitor for polling but . . . alas . . . I don't have time.  :)

Offline RichardPHarvey

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 11:27:59 am »
All battery devices can and will loose communication with Vera from time to time but when tripped Vera still reacts as needed.  If you crank up the reporting interval so that it goes missing less your battery usage will also increase.

Offline 3rdStng

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 08:52:08 pm »
I'm not saying my path of resolution will resolve your issue, but it did for me. I used the USB cable to power my multisensor and add it into my Vera. After setting the default timeout value higher, I installed batteries and mounted it on the wall. Afterwards I wanted to add two more variables to report on. Once I did this, I would see the Device Not Responding message, yet it would trip and send status back to my Vera with no issues. Then an hour or two later it was fine.

I finally got fed up of seeing the red house, and I had another variable change that would not set in. I removed the device from Vera. Factory reset it, connected it up via USB power again. Made ALL my variable changes while on USB power. Then put it back on battery and it has been stable since. (Going on 3-4 weeks now.) Hopefully I didn't jinx myself. But I seem to think that sending device option changes to it while on battery power was causing issues.