We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: GE Z-Wave In-Wall Smart Fan Controller suddenly defaults to max load  (Read 449 times)

Offline SierraMyk

I've had the GE Z-Wave In-Wall Smart Fan Controller installed for a few months and working like a charm.  Now, in the past couple of days, the speed control has stopped working.  The fan will turn on fine, but it goes to max speed.  When I set it lower in the Vera dashboard, I can hear it slow for a few seconds, then it sets itself back to 100%.  Anyone else experienced this?  I fear that some component has gone bad - in which case I'll be very disappointed in this product.  This seems to be unfortunately common in several Zwave devices I've had; they work well for a few months and then I get constant problems.  They are too expensive to have to replace every few months :(

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: GE Z-Wave In-Wall Smart Fan Controller suddenly defaults to max load
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 08:17:53 am »
Exclude and include the switch again. I suspect that you've got some mistaken logic that is changing it. An exclude will reset the switch to defaults. I suspect that this will fix your issue. But, if it still does it after that, then it's a bad switch.

Offline SierraMyk

Re: GE Z-Wave In-Wall Smart Fan Controller suddenly defaults to max load
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 08:52:48 pm »
Thanks!  I did try removing and re-adding.  I'm thinking of just resetting the whole system anyway (there are a few other odd things that have developed).  Hoping that will fix it.  It worked great, when it worked.