Author Topic: NWS15Z physical operation as a trigger--- help  (Read 587 times)

Offline eeeeees

NWS15Z physical operation as a trigger--- help
« on: June 23, 2017, 01:53:25 am »

Newbie here trying to transition from ActiveHome Pro( X-10 stuff) to Vera Plus. Have everything hooked up on the bench and trying a few basic scenes. Hardware is a  vera+, Linear LB60Z-1 LED bulb, AEON DSC27103-ZWUS dimming switch interface with a light & switch connected, newtone NWS15Z switch with light bulb physically connected and a couple of Aeon DSA03202W-ZWUS minimotes (version 2) for when I get there and a Insteon 2413U PLM. I also have a binary virtual switch loaded. My mission is to control two lamps with a single WS15Z and a virtual switch and only line & neutral between everything. Incandescent lamp connected to WS15Z and LB60Z lamp elsewhere. I have two scenes operating, one for ON and one for OFF. Both scenes are triggered by the WS15Z and the LB60Z is also triggered by the virtual switch. Now the problem?????.. Physical operation of the WS15Z controls the lamp connected to it but not the remote lamp. If lamps or switches  are triggered in vera every thing works as it should. Trigger the switch and BOTH lamps turn ON/OFF. Why won?t the physical switch control both lamps? What am I missing?

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: NWS15Z physical operation as a trigger--- help
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 04:49:01 pm »
Search the forums for Instant Status. You don't have it. Therefore Vera will take up to a minute to poll the switch and see the state change before it then fires the scene.

Offline eeeeees

Re: NWS15Z physical operation as a trigger--- help
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 01:22:16 pm »
Thans for the pointer Z. I've been churning this problem for a week to no useful effect. Ordered a few RF9540N.
Eric