Author Topic: Ecolink Door/Window Senso  (Read 251 times)

Offline DeAmelia

Ecolink Door/Window Senso
« on: June 25, 2017, 03:59:53 pm »
Greetings all,

I have several Ecolink Door/Window sensors that I am using as dry contact sensors.

For this device, "triggered" is open circuit.  I have a couple of situations where I want "triggered" to be closed circuit, for example a pressure sensitive mat under one of my rugs.

Is there any way to get Vera to reverse the open/closed logic of what is defined as triggered?

Thanks

Offline TinCup

Re: Ecolink Door/Window Senso
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:59:59 am »
I don't believe it is possible to do this inside of Vera since the Ecolink, by design, is normally closed.  The sensor does, however, support the attachment of an external contact that can be normally open or normally closed to trigger the sensor.

I used this method with an Ecolink door/window sensor and a normally open reed switch to integrate my doorbell into Vera.

Hope this helps.
Vera 3 UI5 | Homewave | Amazon Echo | BWS HA Bridge | PLEG/PLTS | OpenSprinkler | AD2USB | GE/Jasco | Schlage BE469 | Kwikset 912 | ecobee3 | SONOS + TTS | Aeotec 4-in-1 | EcoLink | Everspring ST812 | Remotec ZFM-80 | Evolve LRM-AS/LFM-20 | Hikvision DS-2CD2332 Turret | Dahua IPC-HFW4300S Bullet

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 08:49:38 pm »
One option is to create a scene to trigger it the way you want.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline DeAmelia

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 01:58:30 pm »
Thanks for the responses.

@TinCup -- that's what I'm doing.  Problem is I have a couple of normally open sensors and the Ecolink wants normally closed.

@Don Phillips -- Yes, I have scenes that trigger properly, that's not the issue.  What I want to do is be able to use the Vera's "Arm" operation so that I'll get notified just like all my other security sensors.   With a normally open sensing device, the logic is backwards.

Offline TinCup

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 03:33:33 pm »
Thanks for the responses.

@TinCup -- that's what I'm doing.  Problem is I have a couple of normally open sensors and the Ecolink wants normally closed.

@Don Phillips -- Yes, I have scenes that trigger properly, that's not the issue.  What I want to do is be able to use the Vera's "Arm" operation so that I'll get notified just like all my other security sensors.   With a normally open sensing device, the logic is backwards.

Ah, gotcha ... are you wanting to know when the sensor is armed or when it changes state?
Vera 3 UI5 | Homewave | Amazon Echo | BWS HA Bridge | PLEG/PLTS | OpenSprinkler | AD2USB | GE/Jasco | Schlage BE469 | Kwikset 912 | ecobee3 | SONOS + TTS | Aeotec 4-in-1 | EcoLink | Everspring ST812 | Remotec ZFM-80 | Evolve LRM-AS/LFM-20 | Hikvision DS-2CD2332 Turret | Dahua IPC-HFW4300S Bullet

Offline DeAmelia

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 02:17:20 am »
I've got the system set up to text/email me when an armed security sensor triggers.  I arm the sensors I want to be notified about in away/vacation mode.

I can't do that with a sensor that is normally in the triggered state.