Author Topic: Sliding Window Automatic Opener info  (Read 213 times)

Offline jlind

Sliding Window Automatic Opener info
« on: June 26, 2017, 10:21:42 am »
I was curious if anyone has had success with utilizing an automatic window opener for a sliding type of window?  All my windows in my house either slide left/right or up/down and are vinyl.  I'm primarily curious how successful these window openers are at working on these types of windows.  Unfortunately, most of the videos and reviews show crank style windows.  I'm also curious as to how the windows lock when closed and how secure they become. 

We have a breeze that picks up most nights and cools the area down 10-15 degrees.  I have a whole house fan that I have set to turn on automatically when the temp outside is below the inside temp.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to keep the A/C on up until that point, then open some windows, turn the A/C off, and then start the whole house fan.

I'd appreciate any input you guys can offer. 
VeraLite/VeraPlus with UI7, Multiple GE switches, GE Outlets, Aeon Smart Switches, Minimote, GE Portable outlets  Apps: (Pentair Autelis Plugin, Weather Underground, Honeywell WiFi Thermo, System Monitor, AlternateUI)

Offline daq

Re: Sliding Window Automatic Opener info
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 04:26:17 am »
I'd be interested as well. Same situation.