Author Topic: Fibaro Switch - Device works but Vera reports 'Cant Detect Device'  (Read 261 times)

Offline doinitsideways

Hi Guys,

Not sure what is wrong here. But i have a Fibaro FGS-213 which i powered up and assigned to the controller within 1m. I then took it outside, wired it in and it works fine. Turns on and off remotely without any issues.

I did hide two child devices it created using LUA code when i added it as i wasnt sure what they were and they appeared to do nothing when i turned them on/off. When i turn the parent device on, the pump it controlling turns on and it reports back ~840watts, so Vera is connected to it, and it is recieveing and sending signals... but not long after i switch it on or off, vera will again report it as 'Cant Detect Device'...

Not sure what to do here, getting sick of the alerts popping up all the time.

Cheers,
JB

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: Fibaro Switch - Device works but Vera reports 'Cant Detect Device'
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:23:37 pm »
I have 2 battery door sensors that also function perfectly and I get one or both not detected from time to time. I know it is not helpful but I have learned to ignore the "error".
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline laalves

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 07:27:57 pm »
I am in the process of installing a few FGS 213 and 223 and am facing a few problems, such as the one that you describe. What ended up working for me (though it is rather strange) is going to Settings of the device and select "No" in "Automatically Configure".

It doesn't make much sense to me, but I tried it and it worked, no more "device not detected" errors...

Offline doinitsideways

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 04:51:26 pm »
Vera tech ended up logging in and has changed some settings to get it working properly... Not sure what they did though...