General > AV Control

Send TTS notifications to Chromecast Audio?

(1/3) > >>

n0ir:
Hi!

I'm checking out Home Assistant on RPi3 and was impressed that a fresh setup automatically found my Chromecasts. I was even more impressed that you very easily could send TTS notifications to Chromecasts.

Is this possible with Vera? I've read solutions using a LMS/squeeze2cast but that would require a separate server running.

BOFH:
Someone probably would have to write a plugin for Vera to talk to Chromecast. If the Chromecast is a DLNA device (not sure as I don't use them), the existing DLNA plugin may be able to do this...

RichardTSchaefer:
You can use Vera Concierge and the Vera Alerts plugin.
The Vera Alerts plugin has a profile to send TTS messages to your Google Home and/or Google Cast devices.

ruster34:

--- Quote from: RichardTSchaefer on June 30, 2017, 07:31:29 pm ---You can use Vera Concierge and the Vera Alerts plugin.
The Vera Alerts plugin has a profile to send TTS messages to your Google Home and/or Google Cast devices.

--- End quote ---

Richard-  this is exactly what I want to do. I currently have several scenes that start music (Pandora) on my Yamaha receiver, but want to incorporate several speakers throughout the house. I'll have them all connected with Chromecast Audio devices, but need to bridge them to the scenes. If I setup a new profile (what type of profile? Vera-Concierge?) in VeraAlerts, the commands can be received by Chromecast devices? Would I still need a Google Home?

RichardTSchaefer:
You do not need a google Home ... but you will need to install the Local Vera Concierge Server (Part of the setup for a Google Home).

Even if you do not have a Google Home you can use Voice commands from your mobile (Android or IOS) to control your Vera.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version