Author Topic: iPhone app unresponsive  (Read 691 times)

Offline doinitsideways

iPhone app unresponsive
« on: July 01, 2017, 01:00:20 am »
Quite often I find I need to completely close, reopen and login to the vera iPhone app. It usually happens when I change from wifi to cellular or back when leaving and getting home... anybody else getting the same issue?

Iphone 7 with ios10 on Vera Edge.

Offline Don Phillips

Re: iPhone app unresponsive
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 09:49:24 pm »
I seldom use the app and when I do, I also have trouble getting it to connect and I have to restart. I think you will find VeraMate much more useful. I use it many times a day and I can push alerts from Vera.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb

Offline doinitsideways

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 05:06:26 pm »
Hi Don,

Cheers... I really only use it to check up whats going on. Ive seen Vera Mate but was reluctant to go third party for that... It's a bit annoying that they cant even get there own app to work properly...

JB

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 06:10:23 pm »
I hear ya - but VeraMate is worth it since you can customize it on each device you install it on. My wife's iPhone setup is geared for her, mine for me, and the iPod in the guest room minimized for things they need to control.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb