Author Topic: Questions about scenes..  (Read 773 times)

Offline AndrewK

Questions about scenes..
« on: July 02, 2017, 11:50:46 am »
I have been trying to make a decision about which hub to switch to (i'm tired of Wink) and came across Vera.  I am about to purchase a VeraEdge.
I noticed some posts from a few years ago complaining about UI7 bugs.  Have most of these bugs been fixed? My main concern is about a scene I want to create.

- Can I create a scene that works in this order: Door sensor triggered while away mode is selected,  Trigger one siren for 30 seconds,  turn off that siren, trigger another siren for 2 minutes?

Any info would be appreciated.

Offline kigmatzomat

Re: Questions about scenes..
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 05:20:42 pm »
You can do that with luup scripting but it's a pain.

Better to spend $5 on PLEG app.
Off the top of my head you'd add these things in PLEG to make it work

Add a trigger on door open
Add a condition on door open=true and away is active
    Have a scene run when that condition is true that tells the siren to run 30s
Add a condition that is true while away is active and 30s after door open was true
    Have a scene run when that condition is true that tells siren 2 to run 2 minutes.

Offline AndrewK

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 05:33:30 pm »
Thanks for the information.  One more question - do Vera scenes activate pretty quickly?   Using a couple of wifi device scenes on wink that are SUPER slow. (10-30 sec. delay.)  Also- will scenes run if my internet is down?

Online Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 06:20:57 pm »
My experience with a Vera 3 - it is pretty peppy. My understanding is Vera works locally without delays going through servers on the Internet. But from time to time, my devices may be a little slow to respond (a couple of seconds) if the Vera CPU is busy with other tasks.

I also recommend PLEG to survive LUUP restarts.

My setup is not very large or complicated and has been very stable the last few months - after I replaced my CT30 thermostat with a CT101. The 30 was taking down my z-wave network.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline AndrewK

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 09:34:46 pm »
Will PLEG run okay on UI7?

Offline kigmatzomat

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 09:59:34 pm »
Yes, pleg has migrated to ui7. There is a pleg board here and the developer, Richard Schaeffer, is very active. Link to PLEG  manual below.
 http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,21603.0.html

There is actually a suite of apps from Richard, including a notified app/service and a Google home integration tool.

Offline AndrewK

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 10:21:40 pm »
Sounds good.  I see PLEG in the Mios apps portal,  but don't see any information about purchasing.  How do you obtain a license?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:58:41 pm by AndrewK »

Offline AndrewK

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 09:26:19 am »
Update: figured it out.  Thanks so much for the info!