Author Topic: Help on Ecolink Door/Window ZWave Plus sensor (DWZWAVE2.5-ECO)  (Read 253 times)

Offline vpnman1

I bought the ZWave Plus version of Ecolink Door/Window sensor (DWZWAVE2.5-ECO) thinking it may work just as well as the regular Zwave version of same (DWZWAVE2-ECO) and begin utilizing the ZWave Plus feature of my Vera Edge.   That didnt go well.

After adding the DWZWAVE2.5-ECO unit into my VeraEdge, nothing works.  I found this link to apply the workaround

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=49486.0

The sensor unit seems to work (detects window open/close) but in the user interface, it do not show the battery indicator.

Can anyone advise how to fix this and make the battery indicator appear?

Offline JackTheMan18

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Help on Ecolink Door/Window ZWave Plus sensor (DWZWAVE2.5-ECO)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 03:45:12 pm »
Call Support.
They managed to get it working for me.
(they also eliminated the "daughter/ghost" device which showed up after pairing.)
I understand that they are working on a complete device control interface.

Offline vpnman1

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 12:03:19 pm »
Thanks JackTheMan18.

Strangely, after 24 hours, the battery indicator just appeared.   Not user friendly.   I hope Vera adds device integration support for this door sensor soon as the natural inclination is to buy the ZWave Plus of this sensor bec VeraEdge is marketed as ZWave Plus hub.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 09:20:09 pm »
It is part of the strangeness of Vera. I have 2 door sensors, bought at the same time, installed at the same time. One showed battery level, the other didn't - until the battery died.  Replaced the battery and the battery level magically appeared. Before that, I could get low battery triggers and got an alert it was below 5% so I had time to get the new battery. Has been working fine since.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.