Author Topic: In Case You Missed it.. Surveys.  (Read 563 times)

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: In Case You Missed it.. Surveys.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 02:26:46 pm »
Who is doing these surveys? Do respondents get to see the results of the survey?

Facebook links are 404. It's probably better that way.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 05:17:50 pm »
Thanks for sharing - I participated in both surveys.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline ember1205

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 10:41:41 pm »
Unless someone from MCV comes along and states that these are actual surveys that Vera put out, I won't participate. For all I know, I could be telling the competition how to compete against Vera with these otherwise.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 02:32:59 am »
Unless someone from MCV comes along and states that these are actual surveys that Vera put out, I won't participate. For all I know, I could be telling the competition how to compete against Vera with these otherwise.

Lol

Offline ember1205

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 08:06:55 am »

Lol

Glad you found it funny, but how do I know the surveys are legit?

Offline ember1205

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 09:03:09 am »

Just to add more to this, there are other posts here asking whether emails that people have received are legit (I didn't get any emails).

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 11:38:44 am »

Have you checked their facebook page (if you also didn't get the emails)?

Now, I totally could have Photoshoped my attachment and the competition could have hacked Vera's Facebook page and sent out fake emails, but I'm sure there is more then enough info on this public forum to have an understanding of all the issues Vera has. Plus if they just bought one and tested it they would also have a good base of what NOT to do.

In the mean time surveys are totally optional and you don't need to feel pressured if your uncomfortable about sending your feedback directly to Vera for a better product in the near future.

;D

EDIT: For those that haven't taken the surveys. They do seem alot more geared towards how we can sale products to you and your peers, like who is buying our products and why. Rather then what would you change how can we make it better, what issues would you like to see get fixed, and so on.  My gender, income, house type, occupation, 1 liner about myself, martial status and how many hours I work, are questions geared toward marketing rather then development and producing a better product.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 11:51:54 am by integlikewhoa »

Offline ember1205

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 12:12:31 pm »
I don't use Facebook. I didn't get any emails. I saw nothing here that seemed to indicate that there were surveys. So, I posted what I did.

Offline dmevis

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 05:17:26 pm »

The best way to complete against Vera is to develop and release stable software.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 07:32:03 pm »
I don't use Facebook. I didn't get any emails. I saw nothing here that seemed to indicate that there were surveys. So, I posted what I did.

I received my e-mails this morning and my wife this afternoon. But I had already participated from this post.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline ember1205

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 08:06:13 pm »

The best way to complete against Vera is to develop and release stable software.

Is there a mechanism (or even a thread) where we can tell MCV what we need them to focus on?

For example:

- The iOS app will allow you to disable a scene, but it corrupts any LUA code contained within it.
- "Error in LUA for scenes" is a useless error - I need to know WHAT scene has an error.

These have been going on for a long time and at least the first one should be something that should be fixed by now.

The fact that "Failed to detect device" is a UI error and not actually an indication of communication issues is ALSO something that should be addressed.