Author Topic: docs5.mios.com - what happened to official Vera Lite/UI5 documentation?  (Read 238 times)

Offline GaryOkie

• Sr. Newbie
The docs5.mios.com URL doesn't respond  (times out). :-\

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
I could never find what I needed in the documentation anyway...  ;)

What were you looking for?
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P.
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, DataYours, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline GaryOkie

• Sr. Newbie
Good point, and thanks for asking!   I've never needed to exclude a device before and was looking up how.    The only reference to exclusion in the main MiOS support wiki refers to a black ZWave Dongle which must be from some ancient V1/V2 hub.   

Now I am upgrading from a Vera Lite to Vera Plus  and assume I need to exclude my devices from the ZWave network before I can pair them again.   I further assume the "-" button on the Vera Lite is used for this, but not sure if by putting the device into pair mode then pressing minus is the method for unpairing, so I simply wanted to confirm it without posting a ridiculously noob question about it!

BTW - what is the best way to inform Vera Control of an "outage" to one of their sites?

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
How big is your network?  It might be a pain to exclude everything and start again from scratch.  An alternative, AFAIK, is to add your new Vera to the same network as a secondary controller and then do a controller shift.  This is standard Z-wave stuff.

Add the new controller with Devices > Add Devices > Advanced z-wave devices > Add Vera to another z-wave network

I've never used the Controller Shift option, but somebody on here must have done this.

Actually, if your search the forum for this, you might get good info.  Good luck!
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P.
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, DataYours, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline GaryOkie

• Sr. Newbie
Searching the forum was the first thing I did!   Learned long ago that was far better than the official docs, but this question was such a basic Vera 101 thing that surely it would be easy to find.

When I first searched for this, I couldn't find any forum tips for exclusion on the Vera Lite - but very recently, this exact same question was asked and answered! http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,49344.msg323355.html#msg323355   This confirms my assumption on how to exclude was correct, and that's all I needed to know.

My home system only has a few devices currently, so the one by one exclude will be trivial.   But when/if I upgrade the lake home, it has a lot more ZWave devices, so your advice to first add the new hub as a secondary controller may be very helpful down the road.

Thanks!

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
The docs5.mios.com URL doesn't respond  (times out). :-\

I hope that they have not decided to take it down. That would be most unfortunate.

The UI5 docs are out dated and incomplete. But they were still relevant and FAR more complete and organized than the current mess that Vera Ltd is presenting as "documentation".