Author Topic: Need definitive answer from community on Linear GD00Z-5 and Vera 2  (Read 247 times)

Offline jsicuran

I have a Vera 2 system that has worked for my home for years with no issue for lights, cameras etc. I even have a spare one.
I recently picked up a GD00Z-5 to control the garage door as well. I am having some issues with it. It is recongnized and shows up in the UI and even in polling tests but that is it.
Before I go down the rabbit hole of further troubleshooting I wanted to verify with the community will the Linear GD00Z-5 which I have read is Zwave plus even work with a Vera 2 which is Zwave?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
Re: Need definitive answer from community on Linear GD00Z-5 and Vera 2
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 10:18:26 am »
Hello there,

I'm afraid besides the Z-wave gen discrepancy which won't be an issue on it's own, GDZ's are not compatible with Vera 2 and UI5 because they need custom integration which has only been made on UI7.

If you wish to upgrade, we do have an upgrade program for our existing customers, through which you can get a new hardware with an important discount. Contact our CC (see my signature) for all the details.
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline jsicuran

Re: Need definitive answer from community on Linear GD00Z-5 and Vera 2
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 12:10:54 pm »
Thank you I would like to upgrade my unit. I actually have 2 Vera 2s one never used. Do you have another trade in program? You did once before I recall, that is how I got the 2s I believe.