Author Topic: Coming soon in France: limitations with Vera Concierge ?  (Read 208 times)

Offline yannicks

Coming soon in France: limitations with Vera Concierge ?
« on: July 16, 2017, 01:43:23 am »
Hello,

Google Home will be released in France very soon by 3rd of August.
I plan to use Vera Concierge to link my Vera to Google Home.
But, before buying Google Home, I would like to be sure there is no blocking point or major limitation with French language and French Google account with Vera Concierge.

@RichardTSchaefer : could you tell me more ?

By the way, Vera concierge seems to be very convincing. I have an Amazon Echo at home and I am a little bit disappointed with limitations coming from Amazon: some basis bricks are missing concerning home automation: no window covering, not possible to ask a status (temperature sensor, door status), security limitations with lock devices.
For me Google Home and Vera Concierge seems to be a great answer !

Thanks

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
Re: Coming soon in France: limitations with Vera Concierge ?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 09:09:38 am »
Vera Concierge will not support any other language other than English at this time.

I would need help from a bi-lingual person to support each additional language.
Do not need programming skills, but do need to be able to relate to and work with abstract concepts.
I would need the following info:
1) Need to define the Command Sequences for other languages.
    I could give them my command phrases in English (This is a data file that could be used with an http://api.ai   Account)
    They would have to make the appropriate file in another language. 
2) I would also need to do a little work to add some localization to some of the fixed prompts in the app, and the Local Concierge Server.
    Someone would have to mark up screen shots of what I have in English ... with the equivalent in another language.

I have been successful with help from Vera users for Swedish, French, German, and Portuguese for my Vera Alerts mobile app.

Offline yannicks

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 11:39:08 am »
Hello Richard,

I can try to help you to add French support.
I can spend some time on it in the following days, so could I start right now ?
If yes, please give your guidelines.

Regards

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 11:30:37 am »
OK to get started.
1) Create an API.AI account at https://api.ai
2) Create an Agent.  It does not matter what name you user here.
3) Import the attached data into the Agent (From Setting -> Export and Import -> Import -> Import from Zip
Now you will need to manipulate  "Entities" and "Intents"
4) There are TWO kinds of entities.  The first entity type represents the keywords for a command, and the names start with CMD... (See CmdEntity.png)
    In the attached CmdEntity.png you will see the commands for a normal Switch (On, Off, Flip)
    You just need to add the appropriate phrases to the right column. You Should NOT change the left column, my software works off of this name.
    (You can't remove any of the names on the right, until we remove references to them from an Intent ... as you will see later).
5) The  second entity type represents the names of devices. This entity is customized per user at run time, and it contains a minimum set of names for devices of this type including pronouns for a device. I typically use one DummyName in my extent examples, but you can add more ... (See DeviceTypeEntity.png)
    There is an entity type for each kind of Vera Device that I can operate on, the the names start with MY...
    You just need to add the appropriate phrases to the right column. You Should NOT change the left column, my software works off of this name.
    (You can't remove any of the names on the right, until we remove references to them from an Intent ... as you will see later).
    You can ADD new rows, that you use for testing purposes in your intents.
     i.e.        Office Light
6) The next data type you will work with is Intents  (See Intent.png)
     This is the more complex part of the task.

You will want to change the TOP section, where you see example phrases. This is were you will see some color coded parts of the example phrase.
i.e. the yellow part is MySwitch entity type, meaning any right column phrase from the MySwich entity type can be used here.
In this case it has values for "DummySwitch", "It", "None", "All"  and at run time the names of all of your specific Switch names and aliases, plus any other dummy names you added for testing.
The magenta part is a valid command name, meaning any right column phrase from the CmdSwich entity type can be used here.

You will want to change the "Prompts"  for the middle section labeled: "Action"
You might want/need to change the Responses.

You can test that it understands what you are saying by typing and/or saying things into the upper right part of the page.

Next you will want to take screen shots of the "Local Concierge Server" and mark it up with what I should be labeling things as.
And lastly, if you think I should modify the http://VeraConcierge.com web server ... you can tell me what to take screen shots and mark change s ... otherwise I will assume the ability to translate a web page is good enough.

Offline yannicks

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 05:25:03 pm »
Hi,

I have added to my Agent all phrases in French. I have performed some tests with API.AI and it should be OK.

One comment: when testing the intents, I realized that for text responses all variables used (for instance $DimmerLevel for the DimmerIntent) return values in English (correspond to left column values in the Entity DimmerLevel: High, Medium, Low). How can we have it in another language ? Do we have to change all values in left column ?

Once all will be clarified, how can I give you my work, by exporting the agent and give it to you?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 09:19:53 pm »
Yes, you can change those values as well ...  You want to change the "Right Side" values for the various other entitites. The LEFT side is the API for the app.

When you are done  ... do an Export from your project and mail it to me.

Offline yannicks

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 10:46:38 am »
If I understand well, the LEFT side is used for variables text responses for intents.
See enclosed: teh text response uses $DimmerLevel variable and finally "High" is taken in the response. It means that Google Home will reply with these English keywords ?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:48:43 am by yannicks »

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 10:28:16 pm »
Change things on the "RIGHT SIDE" of the  DimmerLevel entitiy.
You should review the "RIGHT SIDE" of ALL entities. If there are still english values there, they may be selected for use in a verbal response.

Offline yannicks

« Reply #8 on: Today at 05:34:59 am »
I have removed all English values at Right Side of DimmerLevel entity, and the verbal response is still "High", that is why it seems that Left column seems to be used for the text response.