Author Topic: Is it possible to limit the WWN plugin to a single Nest location?  (Read 180 times)

Offline mlurie

We have a Nest thermostat installed at a family cabin as well as a Nest thermostat installed in our home.   We use a Vera Lite at the cabin to control door locks, the Nest and some other smart devices.  When I installed the WWN plugin for the Nest and connected it to our Nest account, it installed the cabin's thermostat, but it also installed the thermostat from our home even though it is setup in a different location in our Nest account.  All adult family members have access to the Vera Lite and are able to control these devices successfully.  However, not all of these family members necessarily live in our home (parents, siblings, in-laws, etc.) and I don't want them to access to our home thermostat.   Whenever I try to remove the Nest devices for our home from the Vera Lite, they just reinstall themselves.  Is there any way to block access to our home Nest from the Vera Lite while retaining access to the cabin Nest?

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
Re: Is it possible to limit the WWN plugin to a single Nest location?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:40:22 am »
Currently it's not possible to limit what devices to get from Nest. You can make devices which you don't want to see invisible using this request:
http://VERA_IP_ADDRESS/port_3480/data_request?id=variableset&DeviceNum=DEVICE_NUMBER&Variable=invisible&Value=1

You can get the device number from the device's control panel, Advanced tab. You should see something like this: device #20

To make devices visible again, use this request:
http://VERA_IP_ADDRESS/port_3480/data_request?id=variableset&DeviceNum=DEVICE_NUMBER&Variable=invisible&Value=

Offline mlurie

Re: Is it possible to limit the WWN plugin to a single Nest location?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 12:06:26 pm »
The invisible workaround is perfect.  Thanks.