Author Topic: monoprice deadbolt goes through batteries quickly  (Read 188 times)

Offline marcjw

monoprice deadbolt goes through batteries quickly
« on: July 16, 2017, 06:05:00 pm »
I bought this deadbolt from Monoprice about a year ago.  It works well except that it churns through batteries like a hot knife though butter.  I set the pollsettings variable to zero but I can tell from some of the other poll variables that it's still polling moderately often  I haven't changed my two Schlages since I bought them at the same time and I'd like this Monoprice one to behave better than it does.  Does anyone know how to get it to stop polling? 

Offline michaelhinchey

Re: monoprice deadbolt goes through batteries quickly
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 07:04:48 pm »
Any Info on this?

Offline marcjw

Re: monoprice deadbolt goes through batteries quickly
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 07:14:00 pm »
Any Info on this?

Yes, but probably not very helpful.  After Vera Support looked through my logs and settings they couldn't find anything wrong and simply reitereated some of the factors that could be contributing to the issue.  A week later they then replied that they tested my model in their lab and could not duplicate the problem.  I then excluded and re-included the lock but this time left it out of my door locking scenes.  That was about two weeks ago.  It hasn't dropped a single percent of battery since then.  Not sure if I'll be adding it back into my scenes or not.