Author Topic: Thermostat Fan Control - Previously Available in UI5, but not UI7  (Read 225 times)

Offline spec486

After finally biting the bullet an moving to a Vera Plus and UI7, I'm dismayed to find that fan control is no longer available in the thermostat device control.  I'm using Evolve T-100's that allow fan control without being in heat or cool mode.  Having severe allergies, it helps to move air without heating or cooling.  Any suggestions?  Vera, can we please restore this important capability or let me run UI5 on the Vera Plus?  Thanks.

Offline stevo79

Re: Thermostat Fan Control - Previously Available in UI5, but not UI7
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 12:51:41 pm »
I've got a Vera Edge.  The fan control only shows up under the details.  It does not show up under the App, or on the main device page.  You can try and create a scene to turn the fan on and another one to turn it off.

--Sets the Mode to Auto (Usually off unless the heat or cooling is active) -  Replace the ID with your device ID

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_FanOperatingMode1", "SetMode", {NewMode = "Auto"}, ID)

--Sets the Mode to On -  Replace the ID with your device ID

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_FanOperatingMode1", "SetMode", {NewMode = "ContinuousOn"}, ID)

Offline spec486

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 06:49:19 pm »
Hi and thanks for the info.  I had no idea that the controls were in device settings. 

Not being a programmer, I'll need to spend some time figuring out what to do with the code sample provided.

Thanks again for the reply!

Offline spec486

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 12:16:21 am »
Hi Stevo79:

I tried your suggestion and it works perfectly.  Many Thanks for the assistance!!

Best Regards,

Spec486