We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: RFXCOM interface  (Read 123188 times)

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
Re: RFXCOM interface
« Reply #75 on: February 29, 2012, 03:10:31 pm »
ninux, the plugin is working well on UI5 ?

Here is what was said on another thread:

The rfxcom plugin doesn not work correctly uder UI5.

Offline ninux

« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2012, 03:41:34 pm »
Hello lolodomo,

Plugin works perfect on UI5 on my VeraLight, I have made some change to support Oregon sensor.
I will add support for PCR800 (rain gauge) and KR21 (remote control).

If you need some help for the Plugin RFXtrx you are welcome, I'm interesting too for the support of La Crosse sensor.

I join a screen from Oregon sensor
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:44:05 pm by ninux »
VeraLite, RFXCOM Lan, IPX800

Offline bfromdruten

« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2012, 06:08:39 pm »
The rfx interface is not working correctly for kaku/x10/home easy devices. Some parts work (Visonic), but as fas as I know nobody realy did the migration of the last ui4 version to ui5. Micasaverde did this from an old version during a major plugin upgrade by Evans  and myself.

Offline ninux

« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2012, 06:17:02 pm »
I didn't notice any probleme with Oregon sensor and first test with KR21 seams to work.
What is your issue with kaku/x10/home easy devices ?

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2012, 12:44:29 pm »
This line of code
Code: [Select]
luup.call_delay("endOfData", 1 , "test delay success")is to be sure to receive a full command before decoding it ?
Is it the best way to manage the receiving of a command in raw mode ?

Regarding this line of code
Code: [Select]
luup.call_delay("processMessage", 0 , "none")Isn't it identical to just call the function processMessage ?

Offline ninux

« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2012, 08:49:19 am »
I discover a big issue on the plugin RFXCOM.
When I have 2 Oregon sensors with Temp and Humidity and when the plugin create the 4 devices it was a mixte of 2 sensors.
Plugin use the same altid for temp and humidity and I think I was the issue, we need to create different altid like T1-XXXX H1-XXXX and T2-XXX and H2-XXX.
Someone can confirm altid should be different ?

Thank you

Offline bfromdruten

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2012, 05:12:11 pm »
Ninux, your right about this issue. This is a known bug for combined devices. The rfx plugin uses the id (from rfxlan) to search for the correct mios device. I ran into this problem with combined devices (one rfxlan id, but multiple mios devices). At this point my new house was ready and I had to move (zero development time left). With non combined devices everything works just fine.

Maybe you are able to solve this problem.

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2012, 07:07:59 am »
Ninux, your right about this issue. This is a known bug for combined devices. The rfx plugin uses the id (from rfxlan) to search for the correct mios device. I ran into this problem with combined devices (one rfxlan id, but multiple mios devices). At this point my new house was ready and I had to move (zero development time left). With non combined devices everything works just fine.

Maybe you are able to solve this problem.

I have found a solution, implemented in the RFXtrx plugin. Easy correction of how it is handled by the RFXCOM plugin. It might be not the better/proper way to manage that problem but it works well. The idea is simply to add a prefix to hte ID (altid) and then to not take into accound the prefix in the findChild function.
Example: imagine the id is XXXXX. Then, for example, devices will be created with these id: TS/XXXXX and HS/XXXXX.

Offline ninux

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2012, 07:08:22 am »
New version of RFXCOM Plugin with support of Oregon Temperature, Humidity, Rain and Barometer.
I test only with UI5.

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2012, 08:29:31 am »
Salut minux.

I will take your barometer and rain files for the RFXtrx plugin.

I just want to be sure that the files are "clean" regarding state variables and actions. So I need to learn a little more about state variables, actions, JSON file, ...
Where can I find a description of how has to be defined a state variable (attributes, XML tags, ...) ?

Offline ninux

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2012, 08:23:33 am »
Hello

New version of RFXCOM plugin.
Add support for Oregon WTGR800 and THWR288A

Offline hhg

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2012, 04:24:18 am »
Hi

A couple of questions to this great plugin. I'm using the 1.1 version from ninux, March 23, 2012, on a Vera 3, UI5 - And I'm very new to Vera... It arrived 2 days ago...

Battery status:
My Oregon sensors report their battery level, and I can see in the code that it is been reported for the rain sensor (which I don't have), but not for temp/humidity sensors. I assume the reason is that there are no Battery stateVariable in the standard S_TemperatureSensor1.xml or in the S_HumiditySensor1.xml, which seems strange, but on the other hand: For my Everspring ST814, battery status is shown on the "master device", not on the "embedded" Temp or humidity device.
So do we need to make the same structure for the Oregon sensors to show the Battery status? And is it possible to have multiple levels of devices:
RFXCOM
     ->Sensor (with battery satte)
         ->Temp
         ->Humidity
That wil "explode" the number of devices....
Or is there a better way to solve this? Defining a new Device type (Temp with battery state) seems kind of wrong.

Marmitek MS13E Motion Sensors
These are being reported as BinaryLight which is quite understandably, because there is nothing in the X10 message that tells what kind of device it is... But it would be nice to have them reported as motion sensors... for the Motion part. The Day/Night, BinaryLight probably makes sense - Or is there a more generic On/Off INPUT device - You can't switch these from the Dashboard ;-)
In my setup I have reserved a X10 House Code for these Motion sensors, so one approach could be a configuration options with that House Code, which then report these units as Motion Sensors, and "something else" for the Day/Night status. Or is there a better way?

I have added support for Orefon RTGR328N & THGR328 in I_RFXCOM.xml (attached), based on the above version. Code details taken from the DomotiGa project.

Thanks for a great plugin.

Offline hhg

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2012, 01:53:16 pm »
While testing this plugin I noticed 2 small errors/problems:
  • X10 Unit Code 9 to 16 was recognized as 1 to 8.
  • Switching of a "Light Switch" device on the device (In my case, the MS13E Motion Sensor) toggled ALL X10 Light Switches. 
Both problems are solved in the attached version.

Offline chris66

« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2012, 03:11:15 am »
Hello, as very new to Vera, I installed the rfxcom plugin, and I receive the datas. But when I add for example the Wind sensor, I couldn't read the datas without openign the device. My problem is that I do not know the difference between the I_ (impl_file?)  and D_ (Device?) files. Where can I find this basic information? Where do I put the S_ file? Thanks.

Offline ninux

« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2012, 03:40:10 am »
Hello Chris66

I correct the Wind sensor display, please replace this file on Vera.