Author Topic: Monoprice Door Sensor - No open/Close status  (Read 131 times)

Offline asiddiqi

Monoprice Door Sensor - No open/Close status
« on: July 20, 2017, 03:10:48 pm »
I have just installed the new Z Wave Plus Door and Window Sensor, No Logo.  This seems to working good, I get both very alerts and SMS telling me that the door was opened or closed, however in the Vera app I do not have a setting for open or close. I only see armed or unarmed.  Any suggestions why I am not see the status of open or close door in the Vera.  I am using Vera Plus with UI7.

Thanks for your help.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: Monoprice Door Sensor - No open/Close status
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 08:13:25 pm »
You would have to look at the device on the UI and see the icon change to show it is open. The curved lines above the sensor icon turns red when open.

What I found more useful was creating a vitual switch and that icon displays in VeraMate when open, otherwise the icon does not display.

Also more helpful is sending a notification using VeraAlerts. When the garage door is opened, I get a message on my phone the door is open, and every 10 minutes when left open. 
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.