Author Topic: New Plugin: Rachio Iro Irrigation Controls -- call for beta testers  (Read 453 times)

Offline rigpapa

I have almost completed my objectives for version 1 of a plugin for Rachio irrigation controls. Earlier this year, I made the commitment in another thread on this forum, and then was promptly distracted by life and work, so I apologize to all of you that I left waiting. We're almost there, I think.

At this time, I need a handful of "beta testers." Having been down this road before with DeusExMachinaII, I'm going to be a little selective in participation to start. Specifically, I need a few people who:
  • Own a Vera 3 or later system running UI7;
  • Know how to upload device files to their Vera;
  • Know how to get the log file;
  • Regularly read their email.

If you'd like to participate, send an email to rachio-beta (at) toggledbits.com and include the following:
  • Your full name
  • What Vera(s) you will be testing on (models)
  • Vera firmware version(s) you will be testing on (e.g. 1.7.855)
  • Rachio model(s) you use

Let's start there and see where this goes.
Thanks!
rigpapa (aka Patrick)

Beginnings of documentation for the plugin: http://www.toggledbits.com/rachio
Author of Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, SiteSensor, and Auto Virtual Thermostat plugins. Using Vera Plus (1.7.3015), Vera3 (1.7.855), 50 dimmers and 40 switches (mostly Leviton, some Linear and GE), a dozen sensors, a truckload of PLEG, and of course, my own plugins.

Offline rigpapa

Re: New Plugin: Rachio Iro Irrigation Controls -- call for beta testers
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 03:00:36 pm »
Version 1 is released and in the plugin store. Let the games begin.
Author of Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, SiteSensor, and Auto Virtual Thermostat plugins. Using Vera Plus (1.7.3015), Vera3 (1.7.855), 50 dimmers and 40 switches (mostly Leviton, some Linear and GE), a dozen sensors, a truckload of PLEG, and of course, my own plugins.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 03:13:53 pm »
Just stumbled upon this while looking for a plugin for may Panasonic Plasma which doesn't exist currently. Installed it and it found everything on my Rachio. Good work and the best explanation page of any plugin I've seen here, complete with code examples!

Thanks!

If I add stations to the controller do they auto populate into the app?

Offline rigpapa

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 06:07:35 pm »
If I add stations to the controller do they auto populate into the app?

Yes, whenever Luup reloads, it re-inventories the controllers, zones and schedules.

Thanks for the kind words!

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 09:09:49 pm »
I am considering buying the Rachio in the future. It was either that or Open Sprinkler but I see the effort for integration died out.

My question is this...when the luup engine reloads, if a scene or something Rachio is using was run, will it still run? My example is Richard T. Schaffer's plugin for day or night. It survives luup engine reloads and is probably the only thing on my Vera that is 100% reliable.

Will your plugin be able to accommodate this? I hope I have made the question clear. I also want to thank people like you who take the plunge and build the plugin. It's greatly appreciated and makes my purchase choices clearer.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 08:01:12 am »
Check your water purveyor for rebates. My Rachio ended up being free after rebate.. well I paid tax and for the waterproof enclosure.. but the $250 Rachio was free.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 11:59:37 am »
I have it set to not show the unused stations but they still show in Devices. I reloaded Lua and it still shows. I didn't click the slider until after the Rachio Service did it's discovery. I have not set up the service or any of the child devices to be in any Scenes or otherwise. Should I reset and try again?

TIA

Offline rigpapa

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 09:26:23 am »
Are you sure you actually disabled them in Rachio's web interface, not just left them unconfigured?

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 10:25:09 am »
Are you sure you actually disabled them in Rachio's web interface, not just left them unconfigured?

Yes. They are merely left un-configured so I don't have to bother with re-enabling them when I'm ready to use them. I will try that then come back to vera and re-load the Lua then report back. Thanks.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 01:37:50 pm »

Yes. They are merely left un-configured so I don't have to bother with re-enabling them when I'm ready to use them. I will try that then come back to vera and re-load the Lua then report back. Thanks.

That did the trick. I didn't even have to reload the Lua. When I logged in remotely through home.getvera.com it was already configured correctly.

Thank you!

Offline pentium

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 12:17:59 pm »
Thanks so much for all of the effort it must have taken to put this app together.  I always appreciate those fellow users that are willing to sacrifice their time and effort to share with those of us who can barely open the dashboard.  Thank you.

I just now installed the app, set the api code, and took a look at the zones.  What I find are some zones from my previous controller.  I had a previous rachio that got exploded by lightning and installed a new one and transferred the settings from the old unit to the new unit via the rachio website utility.  So, now I am seeing the old zones as well as the new zones.  When looking at the rachio website and on the rachio app, I cannot see these zones. 

I assume I can work around the issue, but I wanted to share something that you may not have seen before so I am throwing it out there.  I will be happy to be a guinea pig if you want me to try things before I mess it all up.  For now, I will do nothing in case I need to provide some information or try something that might help.  Thanks again.

Offline rigpapa

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 07:57:48 pm »
@pentium Thanks for bringing this interesting scenario to my attention. I may ask you to put your plugin in debug mode and send me some logs, before before I do that, let me just review the API responses I've captured and see if there's anything in them that might lead me to discerning the controller status. In the meanwhile, in the plugin device for the "old" controller, if you turn off the display of all zones and schedules, it should bring your dashboard clutter down.

Offline mooney265

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 07:50:31 am »
Solved: I had to Copy and "Paste as Plain Text" for the browser to accept the API Token...  After a quick look-see, it appears to be working great - - Thanks so much!!

I've had a Rachio 2.0 running at the home for about 1.5yrs. And, a Vera Edge for the same amount of time. I stumbled upon this plugin last night and jumped on installing it.

1. Updated the F/W to 1.7.3014
2. Installed the Plugin
3. Logged in to my Rachio account on browser and copied/pasted the API Access Token to the New Vera Device
4. Still getting the "Offline (API Key Not Set)" message.
5. Tried a couple Vera Reboots and Browser, too - - but, no luck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  Shannon
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:06:11 am by mooney265 »