Author Topic: Fibaro Dimmer 2 - Dims OK with Vera but not with momentary switch  (Read 124 times)

Offline DMNG

Hi

I have the following setup -  2 halogen lights wired to one Fibaro Dimmer 2 switch with a momentary switch.

I can turn the lights on and off using the Vera switch but I can't dim or brighten them manually.  When I hold the switch in the on position which is supposed to dim or brighten them nothing happens.   If I double flick the switch they do return to maximum brightness

Interestingly I can dim and brighten them using the Vera edge interface

Not sure if I have a wiring problem, setting problem or a faulty switch.   

Any help much appreciated.

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: Fibaro Dimmer 2 - Dims OK with Vera but not with momentary switch
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 07:48:55 am »
It sounds like you have a toggle switch, but the Fibaro is configured to use a momentary switch. Check the manual for Parameter(Group)20.

Offline dazza139

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 07:21:54 pm »
Thanks.   No I definitely have momentary switches i.e. they return to neutral after you flick them down.  A single flick turns the light on.  A second flick turns the light off.  A double flick changes it to full brightness if it's already off.   

What doesn't work is when you hold the switch in the down position.  This action is supposed to gradually dim the lights.  This doesn't work.

I have other Fibaro dimmers in my house where this works perfectly just not on this one.

Thoughts?

Offline gijs

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 06:14:36 pm »
Try to reset the dimmer to default settings. (Check manual) An then exclude and include the dimmer again.
Just to be sure all parameters are correct.