Author Topic: Control several ZWave Bulbs (LB60Z) simultaneously?  (Read 148 times)

Offline Maykinit

Control several ZWave Bulbs (LB60Z) simultaneously?
« on: July 27, 2017, 02:42:14 pm »
I happened upon a very old post here that describes my issue exactly.  It provides an explanation of a fix but nothing more than that.  I have followed the instruction exactly and no love.  It does not work.  I wonder if one of the gurus here might be able to supply some assist.  The original post (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=33403.0) read as follows....

Hello - Fairly new to z-wave, but learning loads each day.  I have 2 LB60Z-1 in lamps that I'd like to control as 1 unit (on/off and dimming).  I've read a few posts here about associations, but haven't been able to get it to work.  The documentation says they support Group 1, but the rest of the text is a mystery to me at the moment.  Does anyone have any experience with this product?  BTW, using Vera Edge.  Thanks for your time.

With the solution provided as follows...

I've not used these bulbs, but if they support Group 1, I'd expect two way association to work.

1. Go to the Options tab of the first LB60Z-1 device.
2. Type 1 in the Group field and click Add group.
3. Click the Set button then check the box next to the second LB60Z-1.
4. Click OK and Save the configuration.
5. After Saving look at the Currently field on the device Options tab. It should show the node ID of the second LB60Z-1. If it does not, then the device is not properly configured.
5a. Go to the device Settings tab and click Configure node right now. After configuration, check the Currently field on the options tab again.

Only after you have successfully configured the above settings:

6. Go to the Options tab of the second LB60Z-1 device.
7. Type 1 in the Group field and click Add group.
8. Click the Set button then check the box next to the first LB60Z-1.
9. Click OK and Save the configuration.
10. After Saving look at the Currently field on the second device's Options tab. It should show the node ID of the first LB60Z-1. If it does not, then the device is not configured.
10a. Go to the device Settings tab and click Configure node right now. After configuration, check the Currently field on the options tab again.

Once the associations are properly configured, I would expect the bulbs to operate in sync with each other.

-------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------

Again this does not seem to work for me.  I wonder if anyone might be able to help.

Offline shallowearth

Re: Control several ZWave Bulbs (LB60Z) simultaneously?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 04:42:16 pm »
No the bulbs don't support direct association, so you can't do what you are describing.
Instead you need a wall switch that supports direct association that you target at the two bulbs (you use the set command to point it at the two bulbs), you don't need to set anything on the bulbs themselves.

For example Cooper makes a battery powered light switch that you stick on the wall that looks like a normal Cooper switch, and you can associated it to the two bulbs.

If you want to make it so that from the Vera UI you can dim/brighten the bulbs from a slider and keep them insync it gets even more complicated.  You need to use PLEG to watch the slider value of one of the bulbs and replicate it over to the other, then only use the one bulb in the UI to control both.  But I think you are better off using Alt UI or one of the other phone apps to do it if you don't want to PLEG.  Vera doesn't support it in a friendly way.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
Re: Control several ZWave Bulbs (LB60Z) simultaneously?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 11:00:05 pm »
The PLEG solution only works, but still has a slight delay, if the dimmers support instant status!