Author Topic: Exclude devices from dashboard  (Read 380 times)

Offline mouch

• Sr. Newbie
Exclude devices from dashboard
« on: April 17, 2018, 08:28:49 am »
My system include two wall plugs that I mostly use on special occasions like e.g. Christmas, which means I have them included in several scenes. The problem, is that most of the times, those plugs are not connected resulting in Vera reporting issues on my system (red house in the dashboard mentioning disconnected devices).

I don't want to remove the devices from my Vera when I don't use them, since it would meand that I have to reconfigure my scenes when I need them. I don't want to let them unnecessary pluged in either.

So my question is, is there a way to exclude specific devices like those plugs, that are not necessarily always connected from the vera system health dashboard (and see the big green house logo regardless of the connectivity to those devices)?

Offline kwieto

Re: Exclude devices from dashboard
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 08:43:16 am »
You may try to disable polling for these devices, but I don't guarantee that it will work.

Offline mouch

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 10:54:41 am »
You may try to disable polling for these devices, but I don't guarantee that it will work.

Nice idea!!!
While not yet the perfect solution, this is definitely better than removing the devices.
Thanks

Offline kev b

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 12:58:40 pm »
I put a powerstrip in the garage and plug in the modules in there. They are labeled and out of the way, but still included and report to Vera. I have them in a room called "Xmas" so that it is at the bottom of the list of rooms. When Christmas comes around, I put them in their "normal" outlets. This way I don't have to exclude, include, re-write scenes, etc. Many people handle it in this way. Some refer to it as "improving the mesh in the garage". They use minimal power, so that shouldn't be a concern.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 08:11:23 pm »
I have a z-wave wall outlet for that purpose. I can still plug things into if I need to (like for a vacuum). When I plug Christmas lights into it, my PLEG control the outlet from mid-November to mid-January.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa