Author Topic: SENSATIVE Strips  (Read 365 times)

Offline rhanauer

SENSATIVE Strips
« on: July 31, 2017, 02:23:16 pm »
I installed some SENSATIVE strips in three different sliding doors, one seems to work good so far, the other two I have an error message:  ERROR: Unable to get any information on node.  All are within 40 feet of my controller.  I also have GE Zwave Wall receptacles close to them which should repeat.  Any assistance would be grateful. 

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: SENSATIVE Strips
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 07:14:53 pm »
If you have an older Vera with Z-wave instead of Z-wave Plus, they need to be pretty close to the unit to properly pair. I typically place battery devices on the unit for a while, ensure Vera pairs, and then reboot Vera to make sure it takes, before placing the device in service.

Another option is to wait until the nightly Z-wave heal.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline rhanauer

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 07:48:28 pm »
I have a Vera Edge device.  I have noticed I do not get the coverage with the Edge that I did with the Vera Lite that I replaced. 

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 08:02:23 pm »
http://getvera.com/controllers/veraedge/ says it supports Z-wave Plus. http://www.sensative.com/strips.html says it is Z-wave Plus. My understanding is Z-wave Plus should give you better coverage. Hmmm.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline rhanauer

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 09:41:16 pm »
It still doesn't explain why it doesn't seem to cover these.  You would think they would get their route from the receptacles which should act as a repeater.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 04:56:58 pm »
I agree. Are the door frames metal, wood, vinyl? Metal may be interfering with signals.

Offline rhanauer

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 10:26:09 am »
I contacted Sensative, they said to place some cardboard under the Rounded edge where there is an antenna that may help.  The sliders are aluminum but one works the other two do not.  I am going to try it next time I get down to my condo and will report back.