Author Topic: Deadbolt unlock triggering multiple scenes  (Read 228 times)

Offline zang

Deadbolt unlock triggering multiple scenes
« on: August 02, 2017, 02:21:27 pm »
I have a Schlage z-wave dead bolt connected to my Vera Plus.  I want to get notified when someone enters in a PIN to unlock the door and I also want to get notified if the door is unlocked (ie. someone unlocking it physically from inside).  So i've created two scenes.  One triggers when a pin code is entered which is nice because the alert tells me who unlocked it, but it also triggers the other scene for "the door is unlocked" so I'm getting duplicate alerts every time a PIN is entered.

I'm trying to come up with a way so the if the "PIN Code entered" scene is triggered it will not trigger the "Door is unlocked" scene.  My thought was to use a virtual switch and have the "PIN code entered" scene also turn on the virtual switch.  Then I would have the "Door is unlocked" scene check the vswitch status, but I would need to have this scene delay a few seconds first so the vswitch has time to turn on, which i don't see how i can do.  Then I just have a 3rd scene to turn off the vswitch after 10 seconds or whatever.

Any suggestions?  Am I on the right track?

Thanks!

Online Priest

Re: Deadbolt unlock triggering multiple scenes
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 03:04:07 pm »
I have the notification for PIN unlock on mine and have for a while. I had the other and killed it for the same reason you are.  I am now thinking I want to actually have the unlock trigger a delay that will then recheck the lock after a minute and alert me if still unlocked, but no other time.  I know this will require PLEG and I have owned that for a while and still cant figure out how to use it at all..... so I may just be stuck.

Following to see what answers you get though.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 05:26:32 pm »
If you want to avoid PLEG (which I do not recommend) you can create a virtual switch that is turned on when a PIN code is entered (and turned off when the lock is relocked). The door unlocked scene could be set to trigger when both the door is unlocked and the PIN code switch is false. Scenes can now use AND if you edit the scene in the iOS app.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline zang

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 10:01:21 pm »
So easier to do with PLEG then?  Haven't looked into it at all, but keep seeing it mentioned so I've been meaning to give it a try.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 09:53:55 pm »
PLEG allows for multiple AND and OR logic within an expression.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.