Author Topic: Tasker Integration  (Read 23580 times)

Offline rakstar

• Home Buddy - Home Automation for Android and BlackBerry Playbook
Re: Tasker Integration
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 12:02:01 pm »
Awesome! You're welcome.

Offline allard083

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 04:37:01 pm »
Hello. Great appli !
Can we use device or virtual device with tasker instead of scenes ?

I would like use ON or OFF button and note scène.

Offline rakstar

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 04:50:55 pm »
That's on the list, but very low priority to be honest.  I have very little time to work on the app so it might be a while until this feature ever sees light.

I know it's not ideal, but what I do is I have a scenes set up to do the individual device controls, then I just hide (using the favorite stars) the scenes that I don't want to see.  I hope that helps, at least for now.

Offline allard083

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 04:38:01 pm »
Ok ok. I would like to turn on all the lights when I shake my phone the first time and turn everything off when I shake my phone the second time.

I created a virtual device that triggers the scene all the lights on and off all the lights. For the moment I shake my phone and the lights ON. I don't know switch off lights with the same gesture.

Offline rakstar

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 06:16:24 pm »
I feel like you can accomplish this with some LUA scripting magic.  Unfortunately, that is not my expertise... anyone out there up to the task?

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2012, 07:59:00 pm »
allard, create a new scene and go to the advanced tab and select your virtual switch then in the drop down menu select toggle state, then use this scene in tasker.

Offline dklinkman

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 11:53:52 pm »
I am trying to set up a task in Tasker to try the homebuddy:// integration. When I execute the task there is a few second delay and then I always see a popup message "Unfortunately, Home Buddy has stopped."

The task type is Send Intent, the action is android.intent.action.VIEW, the data is homebuddy://activate?vera=3004629&scene=1, and the target is set to Activity.

I'm sure I am missing something as I know others have done this.  Notice anything amiss?  The vera= is the serial number of the vera3 from the bottom of the device and from the UI.  The android and the vera are on the same network.  Homebuddy itself works fine when starting the same scene.

Thanks!
VeraPlus, UI7, ALTUI on Chrome, Lots of devices and plugins including MQTT

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2013, 11:18:21 pm »
I had the same problem and didn't catch that the auto correct made the V in vera capitalized, so make sure that everything is spelled out correctly, 

Offline dklinkman

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 02:35:09 pm »
I did check that yes.  tks

Offline dklinkman

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2013, 02:31:34 pm »
Figured it out finally.  A wee little space among the parameters. Much harder to see with a variable pitch font than with a fixed pitch.  Maybe the boss will add parameter checking some day!  But for the price I can live without it.  lol

Offline signal15

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2013, 06:02:11 pm »
I got this working on mine also.  I created a Scene called Quiet Kids which uses Vera Alerts to say "Kids, Daddy is on the phone right now for work.  You need to be quiet."

Then, tasker is set up for:
- Phone offhook
- Time between 7:30am and 5:15pm
- Date is Mon-Fri
- One of my wifi networks is near

Then it executes the scene.  I set the cooldown period to 15 minutes to improve the Wife Acceptance Factor.  Now, when I make a call or answer one during work hours and I'm at home, Vera tells the kids to shut up.  :)

Offline allmoney.ws

• Vera 3
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2013, 04:23:12 pm »
Is it right, that Scene ID I can get from here? (34 in my case)

Offline allmoney.ws

• Vera 3
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2013, 04:36:53 pm »
Where is mistake? Not work for me :(
A1: Send Intent [ Action:android.intent.action.VIEW Cat:None Mime Type: Data:homebuddy://activate?vera=3XXXXXX5&scene=34 Extra: Extra: Package: Class: Target:Activity ]
 ???

Offline Pestus

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2013, 07:41:10 pm »
Home Buddy is a fantastic app.   The integration with Tasker makes for killer automation!!!  Thank you Rakstar!

I'm not sure if the issue regarding a need for a full refresh has been solved.  I'm using Home Buddy widgets as an easy means of activating certain things, and they appear to fail once every week or two.  The reason being is the need to go into Home Buddy to do a full refresh.  I'm not convinced that it's due to configuration changes insisting on a full refresh.  It sometimes appears to occur unpredictably.

If Home Buddy seems to require a refresh periodically, can an intent message cause Home Buddy to do this, say... on a schedule?  Or even better, is there a way to have Home Buddy run as a service, such that it updates on it's own?

Thanks in advance!

Offline persimmonx

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2013, 11:08:53 pm »
@rakstar

It would be great if Home Buddy would refresh in the background. Often when I want to use it, I have to wait till it refreshes, which is annoying. Actually, I stopped using it because of this.

Thanks.