Author Topic: VeraPlus 1.7.3015  (Read 4613 times)

Offline Inzax

Re: VeraPlus 1.7.3015
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2017, 06:41:42 pm »
Ended up with some of devices hidden in the WEB UI but work fine in the Apps, and they are actually there and working.

For example 3 of my 5 PLEG devices are hidden but I can access them through the device list in PLEG app, and they are working fine.
1 of my z-wave devices is hidden,4 of my wink devices are hidden including the Wink device itself.
Even more weird, a child device of the EZMultiply is hidden but only on one of my EZMultiply's
1 of my Concord 4 sensors is hidden.

What a mess!
Sent an email to support and turned on remote access.

Sheesh.

All of my concord 4 sensors where there.  NONE of my zwave but like you have reported, they still worked in scenes.  Plus I was getting tons of restarts.  Rolling back was the only thing that worked for me.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
Go ahead. Make my day.  Smite me!

Offline ssubo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2017, 08:27:01 pm »
Vera Support fixed the LUUP reload problem on my Veraplus when logging in from the portal. The support person is pretty knowledgable and knows how to debug the issue. I was hesitating to contact Vera Support at first (I had bad experience with Vera Support a few years ago and never contacted them back) but I changed my mind now. With IFTTT coming soon, I am saving money to upgrade my system to a VeraSecure :D

Do you know how they did it? Is this something users can do or is it something support needs to fix? Tks!

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2017, 01:27:03 pm »
No crashes for me just the hidden devices.  If I change what room they are in they show up for a bit then disappear again.

Support says it is a known issue, that they are looking to fix in the firmware and offered to down graded for me and have instructions to do it myself.  Since everything else is working have asked if I can just stay and if the next firmware will fix it.

Offline robie

« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2017, 11:42:39 pm »
Thanks to those who shared their experience.  I was planning to upgrade this weekend but I will now instead skip this version.  I'm very happy with my Vera system and I hope they improve their test process prior to release.  Had a bad experience in my previous upgrade as well.  After user support helped me, it is now working great.  It would be best if I didn't have that painful learning experience of upgrading my vera.

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2017, 07:45:50 am »
Definitely, do not upgrade to the new firmware. I did before I went on vacation big no, no, lost a lot of devices and by the time I got back couldn't recover the lost devices had to unpair and pair them again.  I also believe going back to the old firmware is causing some network errors on my server and slowing everything down.  If anything I have learned a big lesson, DON'T BE THE FIRST TO UPGRADE TO THE NEW FIRMWARE.

Good luck if you do.

Offline ranneman

« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2017, 08:17:01 am »
Upgraded today. Besides a changed ip address no issues. Again lucky  :D
Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM

Offline ceefin

« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2017, 10:06:46 pm »
As a followup - my Vera started telling me that Z-wave couldn't go into learn mode. Tech Support wasn't able to correct it, though they tried. I ended up having to do a factory reset, and am now working on getting all my devices re-included.

I'm not thrilled about it, but this is the first time I've had to do this in about 3 years.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2017, 07:57:51 am »
As a followup - my Vera started telling me that Z-wave couldn't go into learn mode. Tech Support wasn't able to correct it, though they tried. I ended up having to do a factory reset, and am now working on getting all my devices re-included.

I'm not thrilled about it, but this is the first time I've had to do this in about 3 years.

Just curious, did you try to do a restore of a backup AFTER the factory reset?  I would think that would bring everything back with a fresh clean OS?
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
Go ahead. Make my day.  Smite me!

Offline pls90

« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2017, 10:19:02 am »

Just curious, did you try to do a restore of a backup AFTER the factory reset?  I would think that would bring everything back with a fresh clean OS?
restoring backup does not change zwave firmware. I had exactly the same problem. support had to rewrite the zwave firmware. After that everything started working again.

Offline ceefin

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2017, 11:03:10 am »

Yessir, multiple times. It worked if I didn't restore the Z-wave network, but that just restored scenes and plug-ins. I didn't even bother - we moved recently, so I figured completely redoing everything might be an effort worth undertaking.

I've got most of my sensors and modules back online. Working on my habridge stuff now. I'll eventually get around to my more complicated scenes w/ lua code that I'll be extracting from the user_data lzo's from my last backup and adapting to the new settings.

Still frustrated. Hopefully this won't happen again anytime soon. I'll make sure to get a backup and wait a few months before updating next time.

Offline dmckenna

« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2017, 10:13:26 am »

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2017, 06:40:56 am »
Hi All,
I am trying to get the firmware upgrade message to go away, it is driving me nuts.  Every time I log into Vera or a device it jumps to the firmware telling me to upgrade.  Well as we all know that didn't go well so not rushing anytime soon.  HELP

Offline ceefin

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2017, 11:13:50 am »
Hi All,
I am trying to get the firmware upgrade message to go away, it is driving me nuts.  Every time I log into Vera or a device it jumps to the firmware telling me to upgrade.  Well as we all know that didn't go well so not rushing anytime soon.  HELP

See here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,47673.0.html

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2017, 12:30:40 pm »
Thanks I will have a look.