Author Topic: VeraPlus 1.7.3015  (Read 6498 times)

Offline lloydshearer

Re: VeraPlus 1.7.3015
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2017, 03:51:11 pm »
I too have the issues with the devices disappearing,  for a temporary fix i used altui to change the room then the devices will show up briefly in the vera ui, as soon as you see them mark them as a favourite, at least you can control them from the dashboard, as they don't seem to disappear from there.

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2017, 09:54:57 pm »
Becareful if they vanish, it good be for good.   I would go back to the old firmware just in case. 

Offline farfromuman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2017, 11:27:36 am »
I did the upgrade few days ago and thought everything went well, now I can see devices are missing.  I only upgraded because of the stupid nag - why the hell are they not pulling this firmware???  At this point this is just pure ignorance to suggest anyone upgrades or to automatically show the update page with a faulty firmware.

Offline invisiblewave

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2017, 10:55:04 pm »
***SOAPBOX MOMENT***
I am growing tired of the B.S. with Vera. I started in 2012 with UI5 and all was well. UI7 is HORRIBLE. I dread switching to say Samsung but I need a reliable gateway. Vera isn't it. Period.

+ 1.  I started with the original Vera, and the software usability has been going backwards.  UI7 is one of the worst user interfaces I've ever come across.  I'm a developer and if I released something like this the users would string me up.  My VeraPlus is mothballed and I'm running UI5 (which is less convenient to use than the previous release I was on, but at least it's usable, unlike UI7) on my old Vera 2.  I've also started thinking about switching so that I can run the garage door controller, which was the only reason I tried to "upgrade" to VeraPlus & UI7.

Offline chuck1026

« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2017, 05:37:19 am »
***SOAPBOX MOMENT***
I am growing tired of the B.S. with Vera. I started in 2012 with UI5 and all was well. UI7 is HORRIBLE. I dread switching to say Samsung but I need a reliable gateway. Vera isn't it. Period.

+ 1.  I started with the original Vera, and the software usability has been going backwards.  UI7 is one of the worst user interfaces I've ever come across.  I'm a developer and if I released something like this the users would string me up.  My VeraPlus is mothballed and I'm running UI5 (which is less convenient to use than the previous release I was on, but at least it's usable, unlike UI7) on my old Vera 2.  I've also started thinking about switching so that I can run the garage door controller, which was the only reason I tried to "upgrade" to VeraPlus & UI7.

I have calmed way down since August. Many of my issues stemmed from Intermatic devices that I bought back in the UI5 days. I replaced them last month with Leviton and the stability has improved dramatically. I'm sorry I vented on here and should note that the latest firmware is much, much better.
Suffering with UI7 / VeraPlus.... Hoping to turn a corner soon.

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2017, 10:16:36 am »
Hello Chuck and all, wanted to add my thoughts on this, as customer and daily user of Vera myself.

While I'm trying my best to avoid and create any dispute, as a Customer Care agent which has been with Vera for more than 4 years, I totally understand, what you people, are going through with every firmware upgrade, for maybe, a lot more years now.

All the hassle and frustrations are well grounded and makes total sense for this experience to improve. While R&D is working around the clock to iron bugs out, sometimes it's like fighting with windmills, trying to keep the unit rock solid stable, while keeping it "open", versus a plethora of new devices coming out every day (many with missing certifications and buggy firmware on their own), plugins, and legacy lua code coming up every day.

Allowing all of this is a bless and a curse at the same time, and it's  a very thin line and very hard to master. While maybe not greatly visible to the common user, UI7 is a game changer and a lot of effort has been put in, to support legacy devices and software while adding support and compatibility with new hardware and software solution.

Again, I'm venting this out as a fellow Vera user myself.
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline chuck1026

« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2017, 10:30:54 am »
Hello Chuck and all, wanted to add my thoughts on this, as customer and daily user of Vera myself.

While I'm trying my best to avoid and create any dispute, as a Customer Care agent which has been with Vera for more than 4 years, I totally understand, what you people, are going through with every firmware upgrade, for maybe, a lot more years now.

All the hassle and frustrations are well grounded and makes total sense for this experience to improve. While R&D is working around the clock to iron bugs out, sometimes it's like fighting with windmills, trying to keep the unit rock solid stable, while keeping it "open", versus a plethora of new devices coming out every day (many with missing certifications and buggy firmware on their own), plugins, and legacy lua code coming up every day.

Allowing all of this is a bless and a curse at the same time, and it's  a very thin line and very hard to master. While maybe not greatly visible to the common user, UI7 is a game changer and a lot of effort has been put in, to support legacy devices and software while adding support and compatibility with new hardware and software solution.

Again, I'm venting this out as a fellow Vera user myself.

I appreciate the transparent response John. I love what Vera can do when it works. I definitely blamed Vera UI7 when the root cause was the Intermatic devices more than the UI and for that I am sorry.

UI7 seems to be much improved and given the diversity of devices, there will always be conflicts and issues. I have contacted your team for support and generally been very satisfied with the help!

Suffering with UI7 / VeraPlus.... Hoping to turn a corner soon.

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2017, 10:49:23 am »
Thanks Chuck,

During my time with Vera I experienced first hand, sometimes live over the phone, some hardcore frustration, but also extreme joy, when things simply worked.

It's part of a beautiful experience, with it's ups and down, but at the end of the day, we are still true to our legacy customers, while trying to be accessible, to the more NON diy-ers , and new market trends at the same time. We often go to great lengths to address even some of the "oddest" requests, little things that I know, mean a lot for users.

There also other things that have always caused frustration to users, and probably they will still do, and we would wish we could have the resources and time to address them as fast as expected, we sometime do, we sometimes don't, but we will not rest on laurels, and keep it up as best as we can.
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2017, 06:30:24 pm »
Initially posted this in pinned post for software update 7.0.23 but on reflection I think it's more appropriate for this

Upgraded firmware on main Vera plus yesterday and it seems to have mostly bricked it. Sometimes only the power light comes up, sometime power Internet and Wi-Fi. I can't even get a return on the IP address to roll back.

-daughter of clippermiami, maintaining his system since his passing

Update: Spent 5 hours on the phone last night/this morning with  total rockstar from CS and we got the problem solved. Controller is working perfectly now. Had to delete a ton of alerts that were stored up and roll back firmware versions.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:17:39 pm by clippermiami »
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline alpha1

« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2017, 06:05:26 am »
Vera edge....
Do i upgrade.

I cannot be arsed to fix it if it breaks but i have an issue where users are not being picked up on old or new notifications.  So anything new i create cannot have notifications.

hmmm

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2017, 06:24:29 am »
Vera edge....
Do i upgrade.

I cannot be arsed to fix it if it breaks but i have an issue where users are not being picked up on old or new notifications.  So anything new i create cannot have notifications.

hmmm

If you have any doubts, you can request Customer Care to perform the upgrade for you.
Also mention what are the doubts or if you want them to look at anything specific based on these doubts. This will help them, help you in a faster and safer manner.
Contact details in my signature.