Author Topic: VeraPlus 1.7.3015  (Read 6886 times)

Offline chuck1026

Re: VeraPlus 1.7.3015
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2017, 03:56:59 pm »
Thought that was implied, but I added a note. Thanks for the reminder cuz the Devil is in the details!!!

I figured I'd post the clarification to make sure someone with a different model didn't try that link and got themselves into trouble. Although trying to flash the wrong firmware generally generates a 'incompatible firmware' error. As a side effect I was trying to avoid your being 'smited' for that. 8)

I appreciate that! I spent some time writing it up and detail is critical. Thanks for getting my back :) .
UI7 / VeraPlus.... YAY, more stable than ever!

Offline rafale77

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2017, 10:57:48 pm »
Bit the bullet and got the Zigbee network drop on the second day. I am thinking it is not a problem with the firmware itself but with some data which gets corrupted or wiped during the upgrade process on the vera plus... If it is like my previous upgrade, I will see another Zigbee crash within the week.

Bingo! My entire Zigbee dropped today as I predicted... There is definitely something wrong happening during the firmware upgrade process. I am also observing some strange device drops one after the other like I did after my previous upgrade. Hopefully it will work itself out as it did before.
VeraPlus with 116 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 12 apps, 267 vera devices, 80 scenes; Controlled by Openluup (21 devices, 56 scenes, 9 apps) and iobroker; Bridged to Homekit and Alexa.

Offline timtownsend

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2017, 01:06:01 am »
Update: Vera support finally worked on my system, reverted the firmware back to the previous version and got all my devices back as they were a week ago. So, that's something. Wondering how I will ever know if it's safe to upgrade the firmware.

Offline chuck1026

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2017, 08:27:48 am »
Update: Vera support finally worked on my system, reverted the firmware back to the previous version and got all my devices back as they were a week ago. So, that's something. Wondering how I will ever know if it's safe to upgrade the firmware.
I'm not sure you'll know. But, from here on out, I am going to read the release notes and decide if the fixes and new functions are worth the risk of the firmware update.

Also, I tend to be an early adopter of tech... I'm going to sit back a bit and let others beta test.

Good luck 😀

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

UI7 / VeraPlus.... YAY, more stable than ever!

Offline marcjw

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2017, 08:52:04 am »
Word of Warning regarding step 8: The firmware versions for the Vera 3/VeraLite are different from the ones for the VeraPlus and VeraEdge and not compatible with eachother. Make sure to find the correct firmware for the device you have.

Where does one find the url list for other Vera models and for previous firmwares?  Most release notes don't seem to have that info.

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2017, 10:44:54 am »
There is a thread somewhere in the forums that has links to older firmwares for all models. I'm not abl eto find it right now and I'm running late. Someone else may have it.
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline reneboer

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2017, 04:28:48 am »
Hi,

I am missing three devices in total from two units. However I never control them from the WEB GUI and as they all still show everywhere else (including the scene editor in the WEB GUI) and remembering the painful install of 7.0.21 on all my systems I will sit this one out. I expect they will fix it in the next release, and who knows, that may come as quickly as the 7.0.22 release (LOL).

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline elo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2017, 08:05:27 am »
Update lead to some devices disappearing from the dashboard but seems to work in scenes. One instance of the PLEG vanished from the dashboard / UI.

Further some dimmers (older DUEWI) is shown as sensors (!!!!!) but do work.

From before I still have a number of extra sensors (multi-sensors motion, temp, luminance )  that I am not able to get rid of. I have even reinstalled everything from scratch but false non existent sensors appears mysteriously.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2017, 10:58:07 am »
Add the following code to  Apps -> Develop Apps -> Test Luup Code:
Code: [Select]
function ListDeviceIDS()
  devs = luup.devices;
  for id,obj in pairs(devs) do
     luup.log("ID:" .. tostring(id) .. " ALTID:" .. tostring(obj['id']) .. " Name:" .. tostring(obj['description']) .. " hidden:" .. tostring(obj['hidden']) ..  " invisible:" .. tostring(obj['invisible']) )
  end
end
ListDeviceIDS()
Before you click go ... monitor the log:
http://Your.Vera.IP.Address/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

You can see which devices are marked invisible and which are hidden.

Offline elo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2017, 02:57:35 pm »
Add the following code to  Apps -> Develop Apps -> Test Luup Code:
Code: [Select]
function ListDeviceIDS()
  devs = luup.devices;
  for id,obj in pairs(devs) do
     luup.log("ID:" .. tostring(id) .. " ALTID:" .. tostring(obj['id']) .. " Name:" .. tostring(obj['description']) .. " hidden:" .. tostring(obj['hidden']) ..  " invisible:" .. tostring(obj['invisible']) )
  end
end
ListDeviceIDS()

Before you click go ... monitor the log:
http://Your.Vera.IP.Address/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

You can see which devices are marked invisible and which are hidden.

I did as you suggested but the strings replacements did not solve the problem entirely. I am off on holiday and I need the system to be reliable so I downgraded to  previous firmware. The system is back to where it was (nearly). Thank you Richard

SOLVED (See thread: Phantom devices):One dimmer has changed into a sensor (the graphics in the UI). Going into the device info it is correctly represented. In addition I have got two new sensors out of nowhere. I can not delete them from the GUI. ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF THESE PHANTOM DEVICES???

Rgrds
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:18:47 pm by elo »

Offline reneboer

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2017, 04:35:31 am »
Hi Richard,

None of the devices that do not display have the hidden or invisible flag set. No idea what the root cause of bug is as this effects Z-Wave devices as well as plugins (even have the parent not showing, but childs do). Vera has confirmed the issue.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Sbrady4

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2017, 04:23:56 pm »
I tried to upgrade to the new firmware on a Vera Plus, and now the luup engine won't load. Help?
I'm in the same boat. Sent email for support on website.

Offline johnmcc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2017, 10:14:56 am »
Hi, I am also getting the LUUP reload when I login through remote portal.

I also had an issue where the ZWAVE connection going down, LED indicator on VeraPlus was out.

My setup up in the AV / home control/ Network rack

I have two power strip, one permanently On, for Veraplus,router, modem, network switch.

The other to fed from socket module TBK, at night switch of power to av equipment,

From this power strip two socket modules to switch ON/Off power to Apple TV, PS3.

When I powered on the AV power strip, would loose the Zwave signal from VeraPlus. I can only assume as the two socket modules register with VeraPlus, was casing a problem with the Zwave module

I realise powering down the modules, is not a particular smart thing to do. But it did operate successfully on the previous firmware. Have moved them to permanent power strip.
But does raise some concern, if there was a power outage, when power returns veraplus Zwave is lost.

Offline recurry

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2017, 08:34:37 pm »
Word of Warning regarding step 8: The firmware versions for the Vera 3/VeraLite are different from the ones for the VeraPlus and VeraEdge and not compatible with eachother. Make sure to find the correct firmware for the device you have.

Where does one find the url list for other Vera models and for previous firmwares?  Most release notes don't seem to have that info.

I recently upgraded to a VeraPlus from my old Vera 3  to get the more powerful hardware for UI7 and the better WiFi. The Vera 3 had problematic WiFi and in the end I turned it off and attached a Ubiquiti Nano AP to it to solve my WiFi incompatibilities with some of the old IP cameras I was using.  That said, the Vera 3 has been working flawlessly for years now. What have I done differently? I upgraded it exactly once right after I first got it but not since. It did everything I needed it to do so there was absolutely no point in doing a firmware upgrade and I just let it run. I offer the same advice, if you don't need what new firmware has to offer, don't upgrade. Just let it do it's job.

With the VeraPlus, I plan to do things a little different though. I bought two of them. One will remain a test unit to test upgrades and changes and the other will be the production unit that never get's a firmware upgrade or major change until it's been tested first on the lab/development unit.

The issue with Vera and most other DIY type of gear is the range of configurations borders on infinite and if Vera tested every possible combination the unit would have to be priced like a Control4 type system if it were even possible. I will say, the robustness of the platform does seem to have gotten better since I got my Vera3.

Cheers,
Ron

Offline hellovn

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2017, 03:03:29 pm »
Vera Support fixed the LUUP reload problem on my Veraplus when logging in from the portal. The support person is pretty knowledgable and knows how to debug the issue. I was hesitating to contact Vera Support at first (I had bad experience with Vera Support a few years ago and never contacted them back) but I changed my mind now. With IFTTT coming soon, I am saving money to upgrade my system to a VeraSecure :D