Author Topic: Aeotec Garage COntroller  (Read 171 times)

Offline doinitsideways

Aeotec Garage COntroller
« on: August 06, 2017, 06:42:49 pm »
Hi All,

Just a little curious that the door controller from Aeotec doesnt show up as a door when it has an open/close sensor as part of it. It reports as being open or closed as a garage door closer, but i cant use it as any sort of trigger when vera is in away or vacation (or any for that matter) modes.

I had thought that it would report if it was being opened when i was away or on holidays.

Cheers,
Josh

Offline ninkasi

Re: Aeotec Garage COntroller
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 02:18:37 am »
Works for me - what I've done is this:
1. Install the app "countdown timer"
2. Create a timer called - well - "garage timer". Set it to - say - 5 minutes. Make it so if the timer completes (ignoring mute status) it then sends out notifications or does whatever else you want it to do.
3. Create a scene called "Garage Door Opened" - when that scene is triggered, it starts/restarts the timer
4. Create a scene called "Garage Door Closed" - when that scene is triggered, it cancels the timer

Done. :-)

As an aside, I found that the manual has been updated (compared to the one that came in the box) - better to view that here: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000053811-garage-door-controller-gen-5-user-guide-
Home Automation veteran. Rolled own, then MisterHouse and X10, now Vera - mysensor arduino and ESP8266 network - zwave lights, locks, switches - milights - yeelights - google home(s) - Broadlink RM - raspberry pi(s) with various scripts for power and weather station - Logitech Harmony - Imperihome