Author Topic: Scene to control Ecobee temperature if patio door is open?  (Read 107 times)

Offline Lef-T

Scene to control Ecobee temperature if patio door is open?
« on: August 08, 2017, 09:57:49 pm »
I'd like to set up a scene where if my patio door sensor is open that it will raise the temperature on the ecobee thermostat. I have the ecobee controls as a device, but in the scene options, it won't allow me to adjust the temperature or even just set it to "off". Right now my only way around it is to set the ecobee to "away" mode instead. Is there a reason the detailed thermostat controls are unavailable in the scene controls?

Also a related question, I want the thermosat to go back to normal when the door is closed. If i set multiple triggers for a scene like "ecobee in away" and "door closes" are these and statements where both have to trigger to run the scene or or statements where just one will trigger the scene?

Offline jswim788

Re: Scene to control Ecobee temperature if patio door is open?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 04:17:03 pm »
If i set multiple triggers for a scene like "ecobee in away" and "door closes" are these and statements where both have to trigger to run the scene or or statements where just one will trigger the scene?
They are OR statements.

There is an appearance of AND in the iOS app and also if you use AltUI, but not currently available in the standard web GUI.  Hopefully soon.

Offline Mike Yeager

Re: Scene to control Ecobee temperature if patio door is open?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 09:50:17 pm »
I did this in PLEG. If the door is open longer than 5 minutes, it raises the temperature setting. Once it's closed, it returns to the previous setting. Scenes aren't the way to go for many things...