Author Topic: Aeotec Garage Door Controller ZW062 - Install  (Read 72 times)

Offline ninkasi

• Sr. Newbie
Aeotec Garage Door Controller ZW062 - Install
« on: August 11, 2017, 02:44:09 am »
Just thought it might be nice to describe how I went installing this unit at home.

* First impressions - a lot smaller than I had thought it would be. Quite light as well.
* Got the manual for my existing garage door motor, found the spots to put the wires - it's a two wire unit so basically it's one press to open, one to stop, one to go into the opposite direction. My motor also supported multi button control (ie arrows for up/down etc) but no use here.
* Turned off the motor, wired it up, turned it back on, made sure that the existing remote still worked, and also checked that hitting the button on the ZW062 worked. It did! Yay.
* Installed the tilt sensor (mount it high on the door so you get an alert even if the door is slightly open - at this point I should note that it will be a challenge to use this if you have a 'roller door'), then added the ZW062 into my network - done by pressing the button on the base.
* So far so good. But, I found that although I could now open/close the garage door via my old remote, or by pressing the button on the ZW062, or by clicking on the switch on the Vera - it did not report if the door was up or down.
* Time to calibrate the system - so close the door, then press and hold the switch for 10 seconds. The red light starts flashing (note you probably will need to have the unit off the wall to see the light). Now press the switch and let the door open, then once it's open you press the switch and let it close. Done. (Although I found I had to press and hold the switch again to stop that red light from flashing.
* Tested the door again - no joy. Still not saying if it is open or closed. Time to pair the tilt sensor. This is done by holding the switch down for five seconds after which the red light starts blinking slowly. Tilt the switch and the red light should stop blinking.
* Now I found that as soon as I moved the switch, the door showed it was open or closed. Yay. Mounted it back onto the door.

Works perfectly. Reports if the door is open or closed no matter whether it is opened via the new switch or via the old garage remotes. I've also setup some scenes using the timer device app to alert me if the door is left open for too long. Also setup scenes to open/close the door so I could use them with my new Fibaro keyfob. I just need to adjust the volume and change the alarm - the defaults are too loud & annoying.

Offline ninkasi

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Aeotec Garage Door Controller ZW062 - Install
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 02:52:06 am »
Forgot to add - need to workout how to change both the alarm sounds and the volume via the Vera interface - I assume under device options. Stay tuned (unless someone already knows how to do this!)

Offline ninkasi

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Aeotec Garage Door Controller ZW062 - Install
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 03:06:36 am »
...and done. Info on settings is here: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000142866-configure-garage-door-controller-alarm-sounds-

But basically:
* Go to Garage Door Opener device
* Choose device options
* Create two new variables as follows:
37, data size "4 byte hex", desired value A010101
38, data size "4 byte hex", desired value A010101
and save the changes

Your garage door will now open/close with a slightly nicer sound at a lower volume. Feel free to modify the above hex values to suit your requirements.

A010101 is as follows:
A = (blinking rate of 10)
01 = (sound 1 selected)
01 = (volume set to 1)
01 = (enabled)

FYI You will find it will display the current value in decimal A010101 = 167837953
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 03:11:46 am by ninkasi »