Author Topic: I SHOULD KNOW THE ANSWER ??????  (Read 296 times)

Offline poordom

I SHOULD KNOW THE ANSWER ??????
« on: August 11, 2017, 07:06:06 pm »
Good evening All,

I am a shame at having to ask this question.

But here goes, how does one save Devices and Scenes, for security reason.

Thanks

Dom

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
Re: I SHOULD KNOW THE ANSWER ??????
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 07:59:46 pm »
Good question.

Does a backup save all of this?

I know with PLEG you can do a backup but do you really need security with this?
Remember also that Z-Wave Plus devices are already secured and will only work with the Z-wave Plus network they are assigned to.
Exclude them and they are orphaned and can only be added by physically using a service button so the possibility of having the device hijacked OTA is really not possible, even an OTA exclusion is not possible without using the service button.
Now reading your question, I'm not sure if I have read it correctly, maybe maybe not?
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 08:30:17 pm »
If you do a backup, and you save the z-wave network first, you can restore all devices and scenes (and plug-ins).

This is how I have to update the firmware since my Vera 3 does not have enough memory. I do a backup with z-wave, factory reset with update to latest firmware, and then restore.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline poordom

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 06:26:27 pm »
Thanks Guys.