Author Topic: Missing Devices still work  (Read 483 times)

Offline ceskelund

• Sr. Newbie
Missing Devices still work
« on: August 17, 2017, 10:21:41 am »
I just upgraded my VeraPlus to the latest firmware - 1.7.3015 and some of my devices disappeared from the GUI.  The weird thing is that they still show up in my VeraMate app on my iPhone and they still trigger from some of my PLEG scripts and scenes.  Is there a way to get them back to the GUI?  Also, some Generic I/O devices showed up but when I turn them on and off, nothing happens.

BTW, I did a backup during the upgrade process but have not yet restored that; waiting for some feedback before I proceed. 

Thanks

Offline ceskelund

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Missing Devices still work
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 12:22:14 pm »
I restored to several backups and am having the same issue.  There are about a dozen devices missing from the Devices tab in the GUI.  The weird thing is they all still work and if I go into scenes, I can select and configure those missing devices... anyone know how to get them back into the Device list?

Thanks

Offline reneboer

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 04:41:35 am »
Hi,

This is a known issue of the latest firmware 7.0.22, The only solution is to downgrade back to 7.0.21 for now. I decided not to and sit this out. I'm never using the Web GUI to control devices and as you say it still works in other apps. If you need to change device settings it becomes more difficult as even ALTUI does not fully support doing that.

The downgrade you can do your self, or ask Vera support as there is even more risk than with a normal upgrade.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 08:09:18 am »
I had this issue with ONLY my zwave devices. 

Downgrading did NOT fix the problem for me however, given the other issues I was having with the latest firmware a downgrade seemed like the first step.  I was also getting constant LUUP restarts with each login or scene triggering.

Scenes that included zwave devices still continued to the original poster described.

It took several days of back and forth with Vera to sort the problem out.  They kept me at the previous firmware which has some tweaks.  They advised it is an OpenWRT firmware...a modified version? (no idea what but I am running something that is helping with my luup restarts???). 

Although my vera edge says I am on the latest firmware....I am not.  They deleted the prompts by "tricking" the box into thinking I am on this last update.  No idea what will happen with the next update.

Since this was done I have had no restarts.  All my zwave devices are visible....so there is hope.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
Go ahead. Make my day.  Smite me!

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 02:54:22 pm »
Note, I talked to support and they are not recommending "sitting it out" if you have hidden devices due to bugs in the 7.22 firmware.  While they are aware of the bug and it is suppose to be fixed in 7.23, applying 7.23 might not fix the problem if your list is already corrupted by the 7.22 firmware (it may or may not, they aren't sure it).  So they are recommending the downgrade process to 7.21 to ensure you get a clean upgrade to 7.23.

I did the downgrade myself (with instructions from the support team) on my Vera Edge.  Went very smooth and everything is back up and running with my devices now unhidden and back to normal!

Offline scotstern

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 07:34:38 pm »
I had the same problem and I "downgraded" to 1.7.2931.  I would suggest that if Vera wants to be a serious player in this market, that they do not release "upgrades" that simply do not work.  This is a serious problem.